Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yo.

A lot of the posts I seen on her are from undergrads (which is fine... To an extent) but I'm just wondering if any of you guys are mature students or post grads?
    I graduated from a (*****y) university in 2014 and am now going to be starting my MA this year.

Plus I'm 25.

So you know, I'm completely new to the area and would like to be able to make some mates who are a closer age to myself.... 'Cos I believe that younger students and older students have different goals. From my experience, anyway.
    But yeah.

TL;DR: who is a post grad/mature student here?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am a post grad doing a masters in clinical psychology. I am going to be new to the area too. Have you found a place to live or are you on the accommodation waiting list?

(Original post by MagnumPhoenix)
    Yo.

A lot of the posts I seen on her are from undergrads (which is fine... To an extent) but I'm just wondering if any of you guys are mature students or post grads?
    I graduated from a (*****y) university in 2014 and am now going to be starting my MA this year.

Plus I'm 25.

So you know, I'm completely new to the area and would like to be able to make some mates who are a closer age to myself.... 'Cos I believe that younger students and older students have different goals. From my experience, anyway.
    But yeah.

TL;DR: who is a post grad/mature student here?

ReputationRep:
    I already have a place sorted! It was one of my priorities after student finance confirmed they're gonna give me that $$$$$$$$. I didn't want any Uni accom as its too expensive imo.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was hopeful that I would get university accommodation,but unfortunately it didn't work out:mad:. So I am now on the market trying to find a house. I wish I had thought ahead like you, and had secured something.

ReputationRep:
    Don't stress about it! Your best bet is to either go in Rightmove (that's what I did) or contact Mulberrys estate agents in Egham. Don't worry! It will work out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mature student, age 25, I'm undergrad though. Studying law.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I would be studying Msc Project Management from September 2016. Is there anyone from the same field?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm a current part-time PhD student in the music dept! :musicus:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget about your 20% upfront course cost...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be starting MA Medieval Studies

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.