Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I just screamed in a man's face by accident watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok this sounds really crazy but I feel terrible and at the same time quite shaken, I sound like I have a screw loose but bear with me...

In the house I live in the front door is out of use and we use the back door instead. Anyone who knows us knows this, and they come and knock on the back door.

Anyway, my parents were out, and I was cooking, with my back to the back door window. Incidentally I was listening to a programme about the Yorkshire Ripper...

So I hear this knock on the window and turn around. There's this man standing in the window, in my back garden. Initially I think it's my step dad, which makes me jump because he was supposed to be out, and I say 'oh my god!' because it gives me a fright.

Then I realise it isn't him, it's just this guy I don't know and - omg - I literally start screaming my head off. I have never screamed like that in my whole life.

Now like I say, people do knock on the back door, so it seems stupid that I screamed so much! I think it was the combination of the radio thing that was on, him being so close to the window, me initially mistaking him for my step dad, me being on my own in the house.

Anyway I think I terrified him because he left pretty swiftly. Turns out he is a friend of my step dad and had come to see him.

The thing is though - as my brain started functioning properly again I noticed he has a facial deformity. Now that I know he's just a distant friend, and obviously harmless, I am really worried that he's offended and thinks I was screaming because of his face. I genuinely wasn't - it took a while for me to even process what he looked like, because of the shock of seeing someone, but it is really bugging me now and I'm more concerned that I've upset him.

I have no idea how this story will sound to other people - possibly hilarious just because of my reaction but I don't know.

Basically though - how would you react in this situation and should I be right to be feeling bad right now, or should he have thought about knocking on the window in the first place (which is what my step dad said when I rang haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc:))
    Ok this sounds really crazy but I feel terrible and at the same time quite shaken, I sound like I have a screw loose but bear with me...

In the house I live in the front door is out of use and we use the back door instead. Anyone who knows us knows this, and they come and knock on the back door.

Anyway, my parents were out, and I was cooking, with my back to the back door window. Incidentally I was listening to a programme about the Yorkshire Ripper...

So I hear this knock on the window and turn around. There's this man standing in the window, in my back garden. Initially I think it's my step dad, which makes me jump because he was supposed to be out, and I say 'oh my god!' because it gives me a fright.

Then I realise it isn't him, it's just this guy I don't know and - omg - I literally start screaming my head off. I have never screamed like that in my whole life.

Now like I say, people do knock on the back door, so it seems stupid that I screamed so much! I think it was the combination of the radio thing that was on, him being so close to the window, me initially mistaking him for my step dad, me being on my own in the house.

Anyway I think I terrified him because he left pretty swiftly. Turns out he is a friend of my step dad and had come to see him.

The thing is though - as my brain started functioning properly again I noticed he has a facial deformity. Now that I know he's just a distant friend, and obviously harmless, I am really worried that he's offended and thinks I was screaming because of his face. I genuinely wasn't - it took a while for me to even process what he looked like, because of the shock of seeing someone, but it is really bugging me now and I'm more concerned that I've upset him.

I have no idea how this story will sound to other people - possibly hilarious just because of my reaction but I don't know.

Basically though - how would you react in this situation and should I be right to be feeling bad right now, or should he have thought about knocking on the window in the first place (which is what my step dad said when I rang haha)
    peak

Just explain to your step dad what happened and I'm sure he will let his friend know

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.