The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I wore what I wear to sixth form. Definitely smartish office wear. I think it's better to look smart than too casual.
Reply 301
Original post by alicej88
What kinda thing have people been wearing to the interviews? Not sure how smart to go!

I wore a skirt and a smart top on the first 2 on then a shirt with trousers on the other one ☺️
Reply 302
Original post by AmyLouiseP1
Hiya, I've been invited to interviews at Hertfordshire and Plymouth at the end of this month, has anyone been to these and know what they are like/what kind of questions they ask? Thankyou :smile:

Hertfordshire had a group interview which was scenario based and then the individual interview was only 5/10 minutes and involved basic questions e.g. why do you want to be a dietitian ☺️
I've got an interview for King's, anyone else? They must have waited for the deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone! :smile:
I just found this chat and I'm very happy to see so many wonderful people, passionate about the same thing as me in one place :colondollar:
I applied to Surrey, KCL, Coventry, Nottingham and Leeds and have an interview at Surrey on 1/02. Anyone going??
Do you know anything about doing interview via Skype? I'm from Warsaw and it's a bit problematic for me to get to UK everytime they invite me for the interview :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 305
Original post by xxxclaudiaxxx
I just found this chat and I'm very happy to see so many wonderful people, passionate about the same thing as me in one place :colondollar:
I applied to Surrey, KCL, Coventry, Nottingham and Leeds and have an interview at Surrey on 1/02. Anyone going??
Do you know anything about doing interview via Skype? I'm from Warsaw and it's a bit problematic for me to get to UK everytime they invite me for the interview :frown:

I would recommend contacting them about it, all of the unis have an undergraduates admissions contact number and they could get you talking to the right people who could help and maybe arrange a Skype interview ☺️

That's a pretty name. Also I have had my interview for Surrey, and it's brilliant. I would recommend it to anyone and there was a girl all the way from Cyprus there! So yeah. It should be fine don't worry
Original post by Rose.n
I would recommend contacting them about it, all of the unis have an undergraduates admissions contact number and they could get you talking to the right people who could help and maybe arrange a Skype interview ☺️

Ok thanks! That's what I'll do 😁
Original post by Qanitariaz
That's a pretty name. Also I have had my interview for Surrey, and it's brilliant. I would recommend it to anyone and there was a girl all the way from Cyprus there! So yeah. It should be fine don't worry

Ooo thank you! 🙈 *blushing* I'm glad you had a brillant experience 😁 I hope mine also will be not that bad
Hi, does anyone know what format the Nottingham interviews take? I'm really not keen on MMIs I can never tell if I've done good or bad and it doesn't give you a chance to show how passionate you are for the subject in my opinion
Hi guys!
I've recently started a YouTube channel about Dietetics and Nutrition. I can answer any questions and am planning to do days in the life of a student dietitian, answering everyone's questions and stuff like that. If you're interested, my name on there is Kate Hilton. Leave a comment on my introductory video with any questions you have about being a trainee dietitian!
There will be a group exercise - what it involves I don't know. There is also a 20 minute formal interview -which I'm a little apprehensive about. I feel like MMI interviews are more relaxed.
Reply 312
Original post by Amy.BHGS
Hi, does anyone know what format the Nottingham interviews take? I'm really not keen on MMIs I can never tell if I've done good or bad and it doesn't give you a chance to show how passionate you are for the subject in my opinion

I emailed them and was told it was just a 15 minute individual interview ☺️

Original post by Econway10
There will be a group exercise - what it involves I don't know. There is also a 20 minute formal interview -which I'm a little apprehensive about. I feel like MMI interviews are more relaxed.

Is this for Nottingham? As I said above I emailed them and was told that it was only a 15 minute individual interview and that a schedule should've been sent with the interview invite but I didn't get one 😔
Reply 313
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
Hi guys!
I've recently started a YouTube channel about Dietetics and Nutrition. I can answer any questions and am planning to do days in the life of a student dietitian, answering everyone's questions and stuff like that. If you're interested, my name on there is Kate Hilton. Leave a comment on my introductory video with any questions you have about being a trainee dietitian!

I'm glad you've created this because I really think theres a lack of information abut studying dietetics! :biggrin:
Original post by Rose.n
I'm glad you've created this because I really think theres a lack of information abut studying dietetics! :biggrin:

Thanks! I was always frustrated at the lack of info on dietetics online so I'm glad you think it's a good idea! Leave any questions that you want me to answer in my next video in the comments if you have any😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rose.n

Right? I feel like you're never completely sure what it's all about until you actually get to study Dietetics 😂
Reply 316
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
Thanks! I was always frustrated at the lack of info on dietetics online so I'm glad you think it's a good idea! Leave any questions that you want me to answer in my next video in the comments if you have any😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your intro video was great ☺️ a day in the life at uni would be good! ☺️
Reply 317
Right? I feel like you're never completely sure what it's all about until you actually get to study Dietetics 😂

Whenever I say to people i'm applying to study dietetics I always end up having to explain what it is :facepalm:
That's so true!! I feel like nobody actually knows what it is, and they think it's all about obese people.
Original post by Econway10
That's so true!! I feel like nobody actually knows what it is, and they think it's all about obese people.
And that anyone could do that because it's basically telling obese people not to eat fast food 😪

:shot::shot::shot:

Latest