Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I need help deciding whether I should go for my firm (Royal Holloway) or insurance choice (Hertfordshire) to do film, however in Hertfordshire it's English lit with film which I don't mind or I might change that to completely film studies. Anyways, I know that Royal Holloway is much better for film seeing as it's in London aswell, but there are reasons why I am contemplating between the two eventhough results day has gone. I'm quite nervous about moving out and being away from family (about an hour and a half away) whereas if I went to Hertfordshre I will commute which makes me feel tonnes better knowing that I can take care of my family and not worry about them if I was away. Also, I know that if I wanted to get a job in the film industry, Royal Holloway would be better but the thing is, I want to become a media teacher, so I would take a 1 year postgraduate course after (PGCE). So I was wondering, does it really matter how good the uni is if I want to get into teaching? Or does the employment vary in this too? I'm stressed out and I need to make a decision quick!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.