• Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Hi,

I need to respond to my accommodation offer by 22nd August, but I'm still waiting to hear back from a remark to see if I could get a place at my firm Uni. However, it looks like these are going to come back until after 22nd, so I have to accept York's accomm offer just in case the remarks aren't successful. If I accept this contract, and then the remarks are successful and I don't end up going to York, what would happen with cancelling this contract? Would I have to pay a certain amount of the fee?

University of York

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Hi,

I need to respond to my accommodation offer by 22nd August, but I'm still waiting to hear back from a remark to see if I could get a place at my firm Uni. However, it looks like these are going to come back until after 22nd, so I have to accept York's accomm offer just in case the remarks aren't successful. If I accept this contract, and then the remarks are successful and I don't end up going to York, what would happen with cancelling this contract? Would I have to pay a certain amount of the fee?

University of York
    It might be worth emailing/phoning/tweeting accommodation services as well, as they've responded very very quickly with any queries I've had! (Whereas there's a chance they might not reply on TSR quickly enough). The Twitter username is @UoYAccomm and further contact details are in their Twitter bio.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    It might be worth emailing/phoning/tweeting accommodation services as well, as they've responded very very quickly with any queries I've had! (Whereas there's a chance they might not reply on TSR quickly enough). The Twitter username is @UoYAccomm and further contact details are in their Twitter bio.
    I've been contacting them on every social media, I'm on holiday and have limited internet to make matters worse :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I've been contacting them on every social media, I'm on holiday and have limited internet to make matters worse :emo:
    Ah that is awkward, hopefully you'll be able to get through to them soon so it doesn't continue to disrupt your holiday! It's strange that they don't seem to have any provisions for remarks, particularly as the deposit deadline is so soon after results.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

University of York
    I'm pretty sure you have up until 1 week after the day you accepted your accommodation offer to cancel it
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    On your accommodation offer there is a 'chat' offer which you might have more luck with.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Have you read the terms and conditions? Did you pau a non returnable deposit? Contacting them in either of the ways siggested might get them to arrange something that will tic your situation. make sure you are paying for a priority remark.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.