Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opening the car door on a date - did i **** it up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So i went on a date with this amazing girl and it was kind of a trip between cities, we explored the sites a little bit, so we stopped with the car several times during the day.

The first time we met that day and wanted to get in the car, i opened the door for her, but when we stopped, i didn't, and also didn't do it after that at all when we wanted to get in again.

I think the first move was good, she even commented on it positively, but do you think she expected me to do it after that every time? For me it would've been awkward, especially because as i mentioned, we stopped a lot of times.

Ladies, what would you "expect" in a situation like this? Did i **** it up? I don't want to overanalyze things, but it's hard. Thanks!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by chris_mm)
    So i went on a date with this amazing girl and it was kind of a trip between cities, we explored the sites a little bit, so we stopped with the car several times during the day.

The first time we met that day and wanted to get in the car, i opened the door for her, but when we stopped, i didn't, and also didn't do it after that at all when we wanted to get in again.

I think the first move was good, she even commented on it positively, but do you think she expected me to do it after that every time? For me it would've been awkward, especially because as i mentioned, we stopped a lot of times.

Ladies, what would you "expect" in a situation like this? Did i **** it up? I don't want to overanalyze things, but it's hard. Thanks!
    I wouldnt expect the door to be opened for me all the time, don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me neither, i think it would just get annoying over time. Especially if you're doing it several times in a day & she would probably find it awkward also. But yeah dont worry about it at all.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Stop overthinking, once is enough. No need to try so hard to get her attention. Just go with the flow and enjoy your date!

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious? Lol you're not a chauffeur.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.