The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Can I get into Manchester Uni with only GCSEs?

I left high school in 2014 with my GCSEs and went to college for about 4 months before leaving as I thought I'd chosen the wrong path. I then went back to another college in 2015 and left after 4 months because we really weren't getting taught much but also for personal reasons. I want to try again, third time lucky I hope. I have dyspraxia so even though the website does tell me what I need to know, I have a hard time understanding the layout and wording, and I've had no help when reaching out to the Uni itself. I wanted to do Zoology and German Studies but I've been told that that is not a combination they offer. I also thought about doing Zoology with a Modern Language, as both German and Zoology are important to me. I just don't really understand the layout of the Entry Requirements page. It says A level requirements, GCSE, Btec .etc. but I don't know whether that means I need all qualification stated or if the GCSE grades stated (english and maths C or above) are the minimum I'd need to apply. I feel really stupid for asking but if anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
You're going to need GCSE's plus some sort of third level qualification. Doesn't necessarily have to be A Levels, but something equivalent to it, like an Access course for example.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending