Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi you loverly people. This year Ive done Maths AS and A2 (as I plan further maths) chemistry AS and Economics AS. Im planning to continue Chemistry to A2,complete further maths, drop economics and take up physics AS. What do people think?Im predicted A in everything apart from economics which is A/B. Thx

ReputationRep:
    It would help us make analysis if you said what your intentions were at university. I am guessing a science/maths degree, however. In which case, your choices are very sound, particularly for something such as natural sciences, though with only a Physics AS you might have a rough time. I think with those subjects a maths degree or chemistry might suit your choices extremely well.

I'll stop guessing now. What do you want to do when you leave college?

ReputationRep:
    i would disagree there. AS Physics is relatively easy especially if your an A student. I reckon our choices are a fair selection, but am starting to get fed up of people asking other peoples opinions on what they've chosen. lol

ReputationRep:
    I want to do maths at univercity. I thought doing physics would be useful for applied maths Ill have to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MickyFinstar)
    I want to do maths at univercity. I thought doing physics would be useful for applied maths Ill have to do
    University. Quite a few people do Maths at uni without having done Physics at A Level (I know someone at UCL who did Maths, French and English Lit), so it's not necessary but definetly useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MickyFinstar)
    Hi you loverly people. This year Ive done Maths AS and A2 (as I plan further maths) chemistry AS and Economics AS. Im planning to continue Chemistry to A2,complete further maths, drop economics and take up physics AS. What do people think?Im predicted A in everything apart from economics which is A/B. Thx
    Great choice

ReputationRep:
    My mate has done Physics, Maths, Business and Economics and is going to be going Imperial to do Maths.
    You should be okay

ReputationRep:
    If you want to do maths at university, and the course involves some applied mechanics, then do some Physics. Thats a great idea.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot. Im pretty sure Im going to take up physics and hope itll be interesting and help me with applied maths. I prefer statistics but hopefully this will give me urge back for scientific maths. Im just worried Ill have to study with year below i physics and dont know any of them, but Im sure Ill survive. Thanks again

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.