Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When is everyone planning on moving into the hall?

ReputationRep:
    You guys are lucky to have brand new halls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahreed22)
    You guys are lucky to have brand new halls!
    You're welcome to visit.

ReputationRep:
    They open up on the 12/09/16 but I will be going in on the Saturday (17th) evening before term begins to unpack and use the Sunday to get my bearings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam-B)
    They open up on the 12/09/16 but I will be going in on the Saturday (17th) evening before term begins to unpack and use the Sunday to get my bearings
    My contract starts on the 10th, and it states that you can move in any time from then. Are you certain it's the 12th?

My plan is to move the majority of my stuff on Saturday the 10th, and then take the rest and move in officially on the 17th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattpapz)
    My contract starts on the 10th, and they said you can move in any time from then. Are you certain it's the 12th?

My plan is to move the majority of my stuff on Saturday the 10th, and then take the rest and move in officially on the 17th.
    Well on my dashboard it states my time begins one the 12th (see screenshot )
    But to clear up any confusion the best thing to do would be to call Unite Students on: 0300 303 8642.
    Name:  Screenshot_20160904-172904.png
Views: 399
Size:  137.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, your contract is different to mine. That's all good then, no need to change plans.

Name:  dates.png
Views: 375
Size:  8.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Ahh good to hear. I'm sure I'll see you there.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Could anyone moving there today post a photo of the classic studio? Curiosity is really killing me until I move there next week and I can't find any picture of the premises on their website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtasiou)
    Hi guys! Could anyone moving there today post a photo of the classic studio? Curiosity is really killing me until I move there next week and I can't find any picture of the premises on their website
    Like you I wanted to see what it was like yet Unite Students took all the pictures down. The best thing to do is to go on the Portsmouth Student Union Facebook page where the have a video tour buy the faculty. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam-B)
    Like you I wanted to see what it was like yet Unite Students took all the pictures down. The best thing to do is to go on the Portsmouth Student Union Facebook page where the have a video tour buy the faculty. Hope this helps
    Yes I' ve seen it, thanks for the interest though mate! I was looking for pictures to get a better understanding, because in that video there were almost a dozen people in the room

EDIT: Just got into their website and I can see that there are pictures of the Classic Studio (although the Accessible one, which I think that it won't have the wall next to the bed - as shown in the video)

I upload them here so that they won't dissapear again

Name:  clipboard_image.4.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  31.4 KB
    Attachment 579646579648
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The halls are nice, the 19th floor seems to be a hit when we came back from out first night out (Monday) 3am playing ping pong haha.

Love it so far! Studio flats are sweet! Good size and it's so sweet to have your own kitchen. I'm on the 6th floor and I moved in on the 12th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyKristian)
    The halls are nice, the 19th floor seems to be a hit when we came back from out first night out (Monday) 3am playing ping pong haha.

Love it so far! Studio flats are sweet! Good size and it's so sweet to have your own kitchen. I'm on the 6th floor and I moved in on the 12th.
    Next week I ll be joining you on that midnight ping pong tournament!

12th floor? your view must be pretty good then! Thanks for your information, one last question; does the studio flat look like the photos I uploaded above, or is it somehow different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtasiou)
    Next week I ll be joining you on that midnight ping pong tournament!

12th floor? your view must be pretty good then! Thanks for your information, one last question; does the studio flat look like the photos I uploaded above, or is it somehow different?
    Haha sweet! I'll see you there! I am on the 6th floor, I moved in on the 12th sept. Still good views from the 6 though

I can assure you; the studio flat is identical to that picture. I have been in one and it is spot on!

ReputationRep:
    Half of my stuff is at my flat already (moved it down there on the 10th), and I am moving the rest in on Saturday 17th. I am staying in a studio too, on the 5th floor. I'm sure I will see you both around, if not, you're welcome to stop by.

The flats really do live up to the standards shown in the pictures, I was really impressed to say the least. Here's a snap I took of the kitchen, I have a few more but felt this to be the best example.

Name:  IMG-20160910-WA0005.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  165.8 KB

I also couldn't resist having a sneak peak at the games room on the 19th floor, which boasts some stunning views of the city, (although sadly it was raining, and rather cloudy that day).

Attachment 580398580400
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Wow, thank you both very much guys for taking the time! It was reassuring for real. Honestly, I can't wait to move in next week and see it myself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.