Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression that obtaining a Spring Internship was done through applying officially through the company's site and taking online tests/interviews.

How do people with contacts within the company have an advantage of getting an internship at a top bank? Do their contacts have to be of substantial importance within the firm for them to get a spring internship?

Many thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by mselby)
    I was under the impression that obtaining a Spring Internship was done through applying officially through the company's site and taking online tests/interviews.

How do people with contacts within the company have an advantage of getting an internship at a top bank? Do their contacts have to be of substantial importance within the firm for them to get a spring internship?

Many thanks
    The leverage is at the CV screening stage. E.g. if your dad's friend is an MD, he can absolutely just bypass the whole screening process and get you an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    The leverage is at the CV screening stage. E.g. if your dad's friend is an MD, he can absolutely just bypass the whole screening process and get you an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would my contact within the firm have to be as an MD, would VP suffice?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by mselby)
    Would my contact within the firm have to be as an MD, would VP suffice?
    I would think so, but it depends on how much pull they have in the recruiting process.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I would think so, but it depends on how much pull they have in the recruiting process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I PM'd you; give it a read when you're free.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    even an analyst referral is enough to get you to interview if he/she is in the division you are applying to

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.