Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please don't suggest game of thrones, how to get away with murder, pll, tvd, house of cards or empire

Here are some of the shows that i love:

supernatural ,sherlock, walking dead, doctor who,greys anatomy,prison break, teen wolf, grimm, scorpion, limitless,once upon a time, the flash, Legends of tomorrow,arrow, supergirl, orphan black ,switched at birth.. (a whole lot more but I can't remember)

I have a few shows that sound good but I'm not too sure:
    Breaking Bad
    Stranger things

When you suggest tv shows can you please give like a short explanation as to why it is worth watching?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Breaking Bad is amazing, I need to rewatch the whole series!

Are you into anime?
    If so I would recommend Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for a well-rounded, action-packed and emotionally compelling one. Not a ridiculous amount of episodes, but it'll take you a while to get through if you're not a binger. I also love Black Butler, but that's because I'm into weird, quirky, funny and somewhat dark stuff (when it comes to anime that is).

However, if anime isn't your thing...I tried to go for some not-so-common ones.

Desperate Housewives - funny, nice utopian atmosphere, very american, heartwarming whilst touching on a variety of personal issues but also with a lot of drama and murder mystery. Eight seasons, so prepare yourself for that one. You'll know whether or not you like it after the first episode honestly. Bunch of women living in a wonderful street with loads of their own personal drama going on, some more dramatic than others! At first I thought it would be pretty cute and boring but it's actually really addictive.

Parenthood - heartwarming comedy full of lots of life lessons about raising families, dealing with difficult kids, being a teenager, getting into all sorts of trouble with puberty, dating, drugs and drink and learning from it. It's pretty good.

Derek - If you hate Ricky Gervais do not watch it. Documentary style comedy with quite a few sad moments with Karl Pilkington as the star of Series One. Gloomy, realistic feel but also really juvenile and chuckleworthy.

Happy Valley - drama about a police woman - sounds boring but it's honestly really gripping. My boyfriend saw a clip of my parents watching it when he came to pick me up one night and said it looked so good he had to watch it with me - it did not disappoint!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepearl7)
    Please don't suggest game of thrones, how to get away with murder, pll, tvd, house of cards or empire

Here are some of the shows that i love:

supernatural ,sherlock, walking dead, doctor who,greys anatomy,prison break, teen wolf, grimm, scorpion, limitless,once upon a time, the flash, Legends of tomorrow,arrow, supergirl, orphan black ,switched at birth.. (a whole lot more but I can't remember)

I have a few shows that sound good but I'm not too sure:
    Breaking Bad
    Stranger things

When you suggest tv shows can you please give like a short explanation as to why it is worth watching?
    Thanks
    Parks and rec is great, Dexter is also brilliant

ReputationRep:
    Prison break- Very good especially the first season. New season coming next year. It has those two people from legends of tomorrow. (I only saw the first 30 mins of it. Not sure if I need to watch the other super hero tv shows first?)

Lost!

Colony- only one season atm second coming out next year.

If you dont mind comedy's then Chuck.
    Pretty Little Liars is actually quite good. Especially the first seasons. But its more of a guilty pleasure.

The 100?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Peaky Blinders, Parks and recreation (i skipped the 1st season),The Inbetweeners and House

GOSSIP GIRL

ReputationRep:
    Lucifer:

Good comedy, british and american leads, based off of comics. Interesting enough story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    peaky blinders, parks and recreation (i skipped the 1st season),the inbetweeners and house

gossip girl
    yess gossip girl is lyfeee
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by virtualnaz)
    yess gossip girl is lyfeee
    i need moree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    i need moree
    omg samee
    pls tell me ur a chuck and blair fan bc they are EVERYTHING :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Keeping up with the kardashians
    Shahs of sunset
    The real housewives of Cheshire

ReputationRep:
    Try the Eric Andre Show.

It's weird and hilarious. Similar to Tim & Eric if that's your kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Daredevil (if you have netflix) because ... superheroes / marvel!!!

iZombie (on the CW) (teen tv) about a medical student that gets bitten by a zombie at a party, so has to work in a morgue & solves crimes with a detective. Kinda crazy story lines / comedy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster123)
    Daredevil (if you have netflix) because ... superheroes / marvel!!!

iZombie (on the CW) (teen tv) about a medical student that gets bitten by a zombie at a party, so has to work in a morgue & solves crimes with a detective. Kinda crazy story lines / comedy!
    Its really annoying trying to get people to watch iZombie because both the name and premise makes it sound crap, but it is actually really good. S3 is gonna be great

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.