The Student Room Group

About College -QUESTIONS

Q1 : What if you dont meet the requirements? If I failed my Eng or maths will they still let me resit in sixth form or college? (touch wood).

Q2 : Do the college I apply to gets my result the day before or I have to collect my result in school and hand it in during the enrollment interview?-Im really confused.

Q3 : If I needed to ring the college, can I ask help from my teacher so she/he can ring them up for me?
Reply 1
Original post by kelseymansum
Q1 : What if you dont meet the requirements? If I failed my Eng or maths will they still let me resit in sixth form or college? (touch wood).

Q2 : Do the college I apply to gets my result the day before or I have to collect my result in school and hand it in during the enrollment interview?-Im really confused.

Q3 : If I needed to ring the college, can I ask help from my teacher so she/he can ring them up for me?

Q1: Depends on the college/sixth form, some will allow you to do your courses along with resitting English Language or Maths, or some will simply reject you (unlikely though).

Q2: You'd get your results, and if all goes well you'd proceed with your enrollment to that college (different colleges handle enrollments differently, so call them up on results day).

Q3: Um.... Maybe? It's best that you sort out your college placement by yourself, with the advise and help of your teachers/parents of course.
Original post by Vyres
Q1: Depends on the college/sixth form, some will allow you to do your courses along with resitting English Language or Maths, or some will simply reject you (unlikely though).

Q2: You'd get your results, and if all goes well you'd proceed with your enrollment to that college (different colleges handle enrollments differently, so call them up on results day).

Q3: Um.... Maybe? It's best that you sort out your college placement by yourself, with the advise and help of your teachers/parents of course.

Does that mean if I don't meet the requirements after I received my results, I had to ring up the college immediately?
1. Yeah, I'm resitting english and my friend is resitting Maths
2. After I got my results I went into college and enrolled
3. Depends on the situation but it's probably best to actually go and talk to them in person
Reply 4
Does that mean if I don't meet the requirements after I received my results, I had to ring up the college immediately?

I would. However the college may still let you in if you don't achieve the grades you need. Colleges aren't like universities, they are far more likely to accept you if you don't get the required grades.
Original post by Vyres
I would. However the college may still let you in if you don't achieve the grades you need. Colleges aren't like universities, they are far more likely to accept you if you don't get the required grades.

Thank you, because my high school don't do sixth forms anymore so I had to find places to study my a levels. thanks for the advice!
Reply 6
Thank you, because my high school don't do sixth forms anymore so I had to find places to study my a levels. thanks for the advice!

No problem, good luck in coming academic year. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest