Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it's absolutely ridiculous but I'm hoping to go away for 4 days in November (course starts in September). I'm well aware that I will have to do plenty of catch up if it's allowed. What are the rules? Is it acceptable?
    Studying OT at South Bank.
    Many thanks for your responses.

ReputationRep:
    Unis don't usually check your attendance so no one will know

ReputationRep:
    surely once youre out of free education then its up to you

ReputationRep:
    Nobody will care at all dude.

ReputationRep:
    OK thanks, will I need to let my lecturers know?

ReputationRep:
    Probably best to get a signed letter of absence from a parent otherwise they might put you in a detention.

In all seriousness just do it.

ReputationRep:
    Four days is more like an illness than a holiday.

ReputationRep:
    My uni takes registers for lectures and seminars. I was away for 4 weeks because I developed a heart problem.Next thing I know, I get a very rude letter from uni about my attendance. Wiped the floor with the Admin.

ReputationRep:
    No one will even notice you're gone lol. Well for lectures anyway. Any seminars or workshops you can always email the lecturer to tell them. You're not going to miss much in 4 days.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Thomasunde92)
    I know it's absolutely ridiculous but I'm hoping to go away for 4 days in November (course starts in September). I'm well aware that I will have to do plenty of catch up if it's allowed. What are the rules? Is it acceptable?
    Studying OT at South Bank.
    Many thanks for your responses.
    Hello

Generally, you don't have to tell university that you're going on holiday.
    At the end of the day, you are paying to go to university and it's your choice whether you attend or not - obviously if you miss a certain amount of days you'll get kicked off the course but that's only in extreme case.

Just go and make sure you have a way to catch up on your work.

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Hello

Generally, you don't have to tell university that you're going on holiday.
    At the end of the day, you are paying to go to university and it's your choice whether you attend or not - obviously if you miss a certain amount of days you'll get kicked off the course but that's only in extreme case.

Just go and make sure you have a way to catch up on your work.

Best of luck
    Thanks George, I won't do it if it's going to be a problem. I think I'll contact the university tomorrow and ask them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.