Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I would like to know if there is any chace to travel from London to Cambridge every single day for University.
    The course I would like to take is Law. I know it sounds crazy but I really do not know if this is possible so please let me know
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Adu14)
    Hello everyone. I would like to know if there is any chace to travel from London to Cambridge every single day for University.
    The course I would like to take is Law. I know it sounds crazy but I really do not know if this is possible so please let me know
    No it isn't. Cambridge has a rule than undergraduates must 'keep term' and live within 3 miles of the city centre for a certain number of weeks in the year (based around term dates). You can't commute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adu14)
    You will exhaust yourself, plus I think it's a rule at Cambridge that students must live on Campus during term time. Can I ask why you want to commute such a distance?

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's possible, but it would amount to a huge cost and hinder your intimate college experience.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    You will exhaust yourself. Can I ask why you want to commute such a distance?
    To be fair it's really not that far. Less than an hour on the train.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    You will exhaust yourself, plus I think it's a rule at Cambridge that students must live on Campus during term time. Can I ask why you want to commute such a distance?
    I moved to London 2 years ago and I do not want to move again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adu14)
    Tough quite frankly, you will have to. As another poster said, at Cambridge you have to "keep term", and live within a certain distance, if not at the Uni.

If you don't want to move, say goodbye to Cambridge and go to uni in London, and so you can stay in your little M25 bubble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alcibiade)
    Of course it's possible, but it would amount to a huge cost and hinder your intimate college experience.
    You're not allowed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adu14)
    It's not a matter of if you can cope or not. You are not allowed.
    Becoming a member of a college and live within a certain distance from the university /college during the term is one of the fundamental conditions to study at Cambridge, I'm afraid.

http://www.cambridgestudents.cam.ac....de-universitys

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your answers ! ❤

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.