Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wondering if anyone on here is doing Biological Sciences at Essex? (cos I can't find any Facebook etc groups for it anywhere).

Would be nice to talk before arriving in October

ReputationRep:
    Me!! haha I'm doing biomedical sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHolmez)
    Nice What made you choose biomedical over all the other types of biology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acipion)
    Nice What made you choose biomedical over all the other types of biology?
    I originally wanted to do medicine. Unfortunately I didn't get in but I still wanted to do something like medicine. Biomedical Sciences was the next best option.

What course did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    I originally wanted to do medicine. Unfortunately I didn't get in but I still wanted to do something like medicine. Biomedical Sciences was the next best option.

What course did you choose?
    Biological Sciences, just because I wanted to do something that involved all of biology

Have you got your accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    Biological Sciences, just because I wanted to do something that involved all of biology

Have you got your accommodation yet?
    Ahh fair enough. Are you going to choose any optional modules for your first year? I heard some courses in biological sciences have optional modules (I don't though).

And yep! I'm in Matthew Quays How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm studying genetics!

ReputationRep:

im doing biomed as well, are you going to be doing the 3 year course or the ipl one..

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

In response to SHolmez:

My accommodation is Harwich Court, and yeah I did have to choose an optional module, it was either Marine Biology or Biochemistry of Macromolecules and I chose Marine

Good Luck in your course everyone btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellper)
    im doing biomed as well, are you going to be doing the 3 year course or the ipl one..
    hey there! nice to meet someone who's doing biomed aha and I'm doing a placement year how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

In response to SHolmez:

My accommodation is Harwich Court, and yeah I did have to choose an optional module, it was either Marine Biology or Biochemistry of Macromolecules and I chose Marine

Good Luck in your course everyone btw
    Nicee. I would've chosen marine too probs haha sounds more interesting

ReputationRep:
    hey there! nice to meet someone who's doing biomed aha and I'm doing a placement year how about you?

Yaaay, im doing biomed with the placement year too! If you like drop me your number through personal message so we can talk more via Whatsapp...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.