Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else got a place on the Art with English Literature course at Reading?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for a decision from Reading, I applied for Englit too but with Englang instead of art
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by lissybroad)
    Has anyone else got a place on the Art with English Literature course at Reading?
    (Original post by SabbyCat)
    Still waiting for a decision from Reading, I applied for Englit too but with Englang instead of art
    Congratulations on your offer lissybroad, and I'm sure you will find out soon SabbyCat! In the meantime if you have any questions about the campus, course or Reading town itself then feel free to ask

Amelia
    Third year Archaeology and History student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReading)
    Congratulations on your offer lissybroad, and I'm sure you will find out soon SabbyCat! In the meantime if you have any questions about the campus, course or Reading town itself then feel free to ask

Amelia
    Third year Archaeology and History student.
    Oh hi, thank you. Are there any budget supermarkets near the main campus, like Asda, Lidl, etc?
    Would you say you enjoy living in Reading town- does it have a lot to offer students?
    Also, do you know if Reading have a habit of asking some candidates to interview? I've applied with slightly lower grades than the typical offer so I'm wondering if maybe they'll ask me to come for an interview..
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SabbyCat)
    Oh hi, thank you. Are there any budget supermarkets near the main campus, like Asda, Lidl, etc?
    Would you say you enjoy living in Reading town- does it have a lot to offer students?
    Also, do you know if Reading have a habit of asking some candidates to interview? I've applied with slightly lower grades than the typical offer so I'm wondering if maybe they'll ask me to come for an interview..
    Hi,

Yes, so there is an ASDA, Aldi and Tesco around reading, I would say about a 10/15 minute drive away from campus. But there is a poundworld in Reading town. Most people normally just get a food delivery straight to their house or halls - this is also much cheaper if you do it as a group!

Personally I really enjoy Reading town, it's much better than mine at home. The high street is packed with shops and we have a shopping centre called the Oracle which has a nice riverside to eat next to! It's a nice place to just meet up with friends or family! A lot of the shops accept NUS cards as well which also makes eating out much cheaper, for example you get 40% off pizza express on a Monday. There are also more night clubs and bars in town as well as a few parks around the town and campus which are great in summer!

As for interviews it purely depends on your course, I had an interview for my course but it was more of an informal chat and actually worked out much better for me as they offered me a lower set of grade requirements! Obviously it's unique for each subject but if you do get invited to an interview don't worry, they just want to see your passion for the subject and most of the lecturers are really friendly.

I hope that helped, feel free to ask any further questions!
    Amelia

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the art and english lit course and the English lit course at reading, got an offer from English lit then got an interview for art and English lit a few days later

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for English Lit and Art.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.