Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm headin to Royal Holloway in a months time to study politics! Coming from NI and not knowing anyone I'm a bit nervous😁😁 anyone know what it's like? Or anyone on the same boat doing politics at RH or heading on their own not knowing anyone?! I'm excited but nervous as heckkk!

ReputationRep:
    I'm heading there on my own too!
    I will study Computer Science (Software Engineering) and really hope to feel great in Egham

ReputationRep:
    Egham's not too bad, though if you're looking for a town with a great nightlife, I'm afraid you'll be a bit out of luck! Best bet is to go to Windsor or London.

Though in Egham you got a huge tesco and some great places to eat. Everyone loves Runnymede Chicken, it's cheaper and 100000x better than KFC. You also have Pomodoro which do amazing burgers. There's also Kaspa's, which is a great ice cream parlour.

Bar 163 is great for quiet drinks or dates, and apparently The Monkey's Forehead is a great student pub.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also, I didn't mean Windsor/London as in changing Uni. I just meant to go on a night out, as they're ~fairly close

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's great info right there! Thank you!
    The quiet, calm and peaceful landscape of Egham is one of the benefits (in my opinion).

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. Unless you're living in Nightingale Shott, then you gotta deal with idiots screaming outside at all hours of the night....

But yeah I don't mind chilling in the pub for a few hours, but I'm not into clubbing etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also another benefit of Egham is that you can get to Thorpe Park in about 20 minutes or less.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'll study Economics and Maths 😁

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.