x Turn on thread page Beta

I don't know what to do. Please HELP watch

Announcements

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    x
    I really don't know what to say to this, or to suggest. It sounds like you've been (and are still going through) a huge amount and I can see how it might feel as though there's no way out. Things can get better though, I know it's hard to believe right now but they can and I really hope they will. I'm struggling to think what you can do but as I see it you have an end point by getting away to go to university, whichever subject it's for. You have nine or ten months until your exams to do whatever you can towards that- it's horrible but as someone once said to me, when you're at rock bottom the only way is up. Lack of motivation is horrible but you can do it, make the most of any moments you might feel even slightly able to do something and hopefully over time these will become a bit more frequent and you'll feel like you're getting a bit closer until your end goal. Cross off the days until you can leave if you have to! You'll get there in the end.

Other than that, I guess just try and remember you're not alone in all this. Going to your GP would be brilliant if you could but not sure you'd be able to, there might be some support you can get at school though which could be a bit more manageable. You can talk to the samaritans too (by phone or email, it's free now) and people online, that can make a huge difference. You're always welcome to PM me too- I'm lucky enough to have never been abused at all but I have experienced a lot of the same feelings as you for different reasons and I'm always happy to listen to anyone. Even just talking about something completely random can help a lot to feel more human and take your mind off things, TSR is good for that.

Hope this doesn't come across in harsh in any way, it's not meant to at all! Really hope things work out for you whatever you decide to do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.