Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

girls wolf whistling and catcalling guys Watch

ReputationRep:
    what does it mean when girls are doing this to males

do they just want sex?

do they want to date the guy?

do they just think he looks attractive and not want sex or to date the guy?

I can find no info for this online

ReputationRep:
    they want D

ReputationRep:
    They are being just as idiotic and annoying as male cat-callers. They could be sexually interested, trying to embarrass you, having a laugh with each other, just wanting to see your reaction etc.

It's impossible to tell what's inside people's minds when they do anything, let alone something like this which could be so subjective. For all we know they're looking for long-term love and think cat-calling is the way to go, or they're not interested at all. I personally find it weird and rude to whistle at someone for attention in public, especially if you're trying to call attention to their appearance.

ReputationRep:
    They just want to spread their STDs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaCalavera)
    They are being just as idiotic and annoying as male cat-callers. They could be sexually interested, trying to embarrass you, having a laugh with each other, just wanting to see your reaction etc.

It's impossible to tell what's inside people's minds when they do anything, let alone something like this which could be so subjective. For all we know they're looking for long-term love and think cat-calling is the way to go, or they're not interested at all. I personally find it weird and rude to whistle at someone for attention in public, especially if you're trying to call attention to their appearance.

I'm not a guy who goes around catcalling or wolf whistling girls so it's a bit more difficult for me guess what is going in the mind of a person who does this. I'm smart enough to know that behaving like this to women in public won't get a guy very far if he's looking to date her ...or even have sex with her.

I made this topic because with increasing frequency women seem to be doing this to me. And I'm thinking to myself ...what is on their minds when they are doing this.

When it has happened it has usually been saturday night.
    during the week it is extremely rare.

yesterday night I was walking past a bus stop at around 9pm and there was 3 girls there. They were dressed up for a night out. I looked at a couple of them, they looked back. I'm not really looking for a gf/dating right now so didn't look at them any longer or make any advances or anything. As I walked past the one in the middle stick two fingers in her mouth and wolf whistles me.

I kinda just kept walking and didn't look at them.

since this sort of stuff has been happening more and more often lately, im just wondering what these women are thinking.

there's going to be a time when I'm out looking for a gf again ...I'm curious to know if these sorts of women have any intentions, and if so what are they.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    do they just want sex?
    You forgot to add the option there that they could be 'working girls'

ReputationRep:
    It means they're evil misandrist pigs duh.

ReputationRep:
    It is about power.

They are in a group and you are alone so they have the advantage in making you feel uncomfortable. That is my opinion, anyway.

ReputationRep:

do they just want sex?

I have never heard a girl wolf whistle or cat call a guy

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine that it's just as awkward for how it is for women, especially as most guys think they're just mocking you.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds degrading, like they are trying to gang up and emasculate you. Power thing really, pretty pathetic regardless of the gender.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    feminism, right babe?

ReputationRep:
    They want to mate.

ReputationRep:

do they just want sex?

From my experience, they're drunk.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.