Kings college - hygiene and therapy interview

Watch this thread
Bkei26
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi I have been shortlisted for interview at kings college for dental hygiene and therapy.
I'm a little stuck on the item that I have made and developed!??
Any ideas on this!??
Shainalaw
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Hello, I have also been short listed. I took art a level and I sketch on a regular basis, I may take my sketch book to show them. Not 100% sure though.

I wonder what the mini test will be like also..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rissyz
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
hey guys. when's your interview? did u receive the article? x
Bkei26
Rep:
(Original post by Rissyz)
hey guys. when's your interview? did u receive the article? x
my interview is the 7th sept, yeah working through the articles at the moment. there just so much prep to do.
have you applied anywhere else??
Have you any experience in dentistry??
Bkei26
Rep:
TE=Shainalaw;67123350]Hello, I have also been short listed. I took art a level and I sketch on a regular basis, I may take my sketch book to show them. Not 100% sure though.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]
I have no idea about the mini test,
yeah that's a good idea, have you applied anywhere else?
Rissyz
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bkei26)
my interview is the 7th sept, yeah working through the articles at the moment. there just so much prep to do.
have you applied anywhere else??
Have you any experience in dentistry??
Hey!
same here. what times urs? mines 16 00. I have got a place at another uni but kings is my first choice so waiting on them. I am a dental nurse an have been for the past 3 years. whats your story? x
Bkei26
Rep:
mines at 12.00.
I'm a dental nurse for Past 3 years studied at university of Portsmouth for my DN
What other university have you got a place at!? How was that interview!?
Shainalaw
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
TE=Shainalaw;67123350]Hello, I have also been short listed. I took art a level and I sketch on a regular basis, I may take my sketch book to show them. Not 100% sure though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea about the mini test,
yeah that's a good idea, have you applied anywhere else?[/QUOTE]

No, I've only applied to go to Kings, I did my dental nursing course there and no how good the teaching is! Really want a spot.. !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rissyz
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
mines at 12.00.
I'm a dental nurse for Past 3 years studied at university of Portsmouth for my DN
What other university have you got a place at!? How was that interview!?
That is great! Im pretty sure Portsmouth and Kings work together too. Its at Leeds which is also a great uni but Kings is my dream. That interview was tough but MMI style which i prefer much more! Panel scares me! x
Bkei26
Rep:
Yeah they do. I worked along side student dentist from kings as they rotated working at Portsmouth.
Well done on Leeds. That's a great course to get onto.
yeah I prefer mmi.
Sitting in front of 4 tutors is slightly scary you know there's going to be 2 good cops and 2 bad cops 🙈!!!! Haha
I'm sure it will all be fine, it's only about 20mins it's will fly by ...... Hopefully!
soniam95
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Anybody have an interview on the 8th? also does anyone know when we would be told if you have been accepted?
Shainalaw
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by soniam95)
Anybody have an interview on the 8th? also does anyone know when we would be told if you have been accepted?
I was wondering the same thing! Also I wonder how many people actually have interviews..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bkei26
Rep:
i read somewhere that we should have a decision in 2 weeks after your interview. But I maybe wrong 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]
Rissyz
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yeah they do. I worked along side student dentist from kings as they rotated working at Portsmouth.
Well done on Leeds. That's a great course to get onto.
yeah I prefer mmi.
Sitting in front of 4 tutors is slightly scary you know there's going to be 2 good cops and 2 bad cops 🙈!!!! Haha
I'm sure it will all be fine, it's only about 20mins it's will fly by ...... Hopefully!
Thats awesome! thanks, im elated to have a place there.what do you mean some r good some bad? is your item ready? i feel like it will be such a long 20 mins lol. do you have facebook? x
Bkei26
Rep:
you normally have a interviewer that is nicer than the other. So as there is 4 there's probably 2 that's are nice and 2 that will be harsher. I might be wrong lol!
Yeah almost. How about you. ??
Yeah I am on Facebook are you!?? 20 minutes is going to be soo long . Xx
Nikki242
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Well I'm freaking out its my first interview for this course and i don't really have alot of dental experience! 😕
Rissyz
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nikki242)
Well I'm freaking out its my first interview for this course and i don't really have alot of dental experience! 😕
Hey, whens your interview? Dont worry we all have equal chance dental experience or not. As long as you read the guidelines and prepare properly! X
Rissyz
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
By the way guys, for those interested - theres a facebook group for all dental hygiene and therapy applicants. Just search dental hygiene and therapy applicants 2016? I think it is! X
Nikki242
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rissyz)
Hey, whens your interview? Dont worry we all have equal chance dental experience or not. As long as you read the guidelines and prepare properly! X
Hey, my interviews this Friday, 9th September. I don't even know what i'm going to bring in yet. How do I prep for this particular interview.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Xx
Shainalaw
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
So much prep that I still have to do, I just wanna get this over with 🙄! Good luck to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise