Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I got bccc for my alevels but want to apply for a course with AAB requirements ... pretty sure I won't get an offer but is there any hope .

ReputationRep:
    You looking to go into clearing or into next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaighj)
    Hi , I got bccc for my alevels but want to apply for a course with AAB requirements ... pretty sure I won't get an offer but is there any hope .
    If you don't get the predicted grades, 9/10 they'll reject you straight away. I'm pretty certain nearly all teachers don't predict two grades up, so I don't think your chances are great, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ameenk95)
    You looking to go into clearing or into next year?
    I meant for my as levels*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    If you don't get the predicted grades, 9/10 they'll reject you straight away. I'm pretty certain nearly all teachers don't predict two grades up, so I don't think your chances are great, unfortunately.
    Well... An ABB prediction would give him a good chance, coupled with a good PS and reference also. Are you taking resits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yycdxb)
    Well... An ABB prediction would give him a good chance, coupled with a good PS and reference also. Are you taking resits?
    He would be rejected if his predictions don't meet the requirements of AAB. ABB is the highest his teachers can predict him (within reason). No I'm not taking resits, why?

ReputationRep:
    He would be rejected if his predictions don't meet the requirements of AAB. ABB is the highest his teachers can predict him (within reason). No I'm not taking resits, why?
    I meant if he was taking resits, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I got BCC for my AS Levels, would I be predicted BBB for next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by littlemix012)
    I got BCC for my AS Levels, would I be predicted BBB for next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It entirely depends on your school's policy. Some predict a grade above the AS. Although whether that's realistic or not is probably a different question...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Not necessarily. Some universities will still give an offer (depending on the course), and then it becomes a gamble for the applicant to firm and potentially miss a challenging offer (although there is the further twist that a small miss may still be acceptable on results day...)

ReputationRep:
    You can be predicted up but then if you won't actually achieve that it could be a waste of time. Some universities also look at AS results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaighj)
    I actually got into Southampton with the same grades at A2 through clearing last year, into an AAB/ABB course (although the B was eventually remarked to an A, I then took a gap year and retook some exams, but kept the place).

Seeing as you're in AS, again, I got similar grades, BBCD, and managed to get offers for AAB/ABB courses with AAB predictions. But as you know from above I failed miserably to achieve these predictions.

Point is, getting the offers/predictions is the easy part. You'd be surprised at how many applicants with fairly low AS grades end up getting decent offers, I know this from friends irl and from accounts on here. Actually making the offer is another story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    It entirely depends on your school's policy. Some predict a grade above the AS. Although whether that's realistic or not is probably a different question...
    Alright, thank you! I'm really scared now because Essex and Southampton want BBB and I can't get into a good grade based uni with C's; (

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.