University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Also how do I find out what block and room I'm in? I have payed the deposit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unihelp98)
    I'm in block 1 floor 1

ReputationRep:
    Hello there friend, I am in Lasdun but I haven't payed the deposit yet so I am unsure which room I am in; hope to see you around though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unihelp98)
    I'm in Block D, Ground Floor, Room 3! You find out by opening the offer contract document

ReputationRep:
    I am I didnt want to be catered
    Stamford Hall Block C, First Floor,Room 11

ReputationRep:
    Block B, second floor!

ReputationRep:
    Block F, ground floor room 5

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm going into second year at Leicester. I lived in Lasdun last year (C Block Floor 2 anyone?) so if anyone has any questions about Lasdun/Catering/etc I'll be happy to answer

I also remember a distinct lack of pictures of Lasdun so if anyone fancies I'll post a few of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youarenot)
    Hey everyone,

I'm going into second year at Leicester. I lived in Lasdun last year (C Block Floor 2 anyone?) so if anyone has any questions about Lasdun/Catering/etc I'll be happy to answer

I also remember a distinct lack of pictures of Lasdun so if anyone fancies I'll post a few of them.
    Some pics of the rooms would be great! Also, did you find that Lasdun was a social hall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebo00)
    Some pics of the rooms would be great! Also, did you find that Lasdun was a social hall?
    Okay, so here are two from both sides of my room the day before I moved out. I had the end room in Lasdun C so my room is a bit bigger than most because the door is the end of the corridor. I dunno if that makes sense but you'll get it when you see Lasdun

Take into account the day I moved out, they took down these abhorrent curtains and replaced them with modern purple ones, they did this for every room i think.

Also, yes! Lasdun was THE social hall. I genuinely think it was probably the most social hall. There was a few flats who generally stuck together and went to each other's pre's etc.
    However, Lasdun flats have no common social area (like a living room) in the flats so I recommend sticking your chairs in the corridor.
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  487.5 KB Attachment 579100579102
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    What are the shared bathrooms like? Are they decent sized? Also is it only one shower and toilet shared between six?
    Hey everyone,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rj08)
    What are the shared bathrooms like? Are they decent sized? Also is it only one shower and toilet shared between six?
    The shared bathrooms are alright! There's 2 bathrooms in a flat, both around the same size. So 2 showers and 2 toilets between 6 (or 7 depending if you're in an end flat like mine was).

These are cleaned weekly

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so here are two from both sides of my room the day before I moved out. I had the end room in Lasdun C so my room is a bit bigger than most because the door is the end of the corridor. I dunno if that makes sense but you'll get it when you see Lasdun

Take into account the day I moved out, they took down these abhorrent curtains and replaced them with modern purple ones, they did this for every room i think.

Also, yes! Lasdun was THE social hall. I genuinely think it was probably the most social hall. There was a few flats who generally stuck together and went to each other's pre's etc.
    However, Lasdun flats have no common social area (like a living room) in the flats so I recommend sticking your chairs in the corridor.
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  487.5 KB Attachment 579100579102
    Are the purple curtains quite in your face? thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    One quick question is there a window?

ReputationRep:
    im in lasdun in block H

ReputationRep:
    Lasden Block D, Second floor. Heard it called the Prison of Laskaban.
    There is no social area? Is there not a tiny kitchen that can at least be sat in?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm Block D Ground Floor Room 1!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't say what block I'm in from my contract, just says "Stamford Hall, Lasdun, Lasdun Point, Second Floor, Room 6". Anyone help?

Also does anyone know what the twin bedrooms are like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddieeee)
    It doesn't say what block I'm in from my contract, just says "Stamford Hall, Lasdun, Lasdun Point, Second Floor, Room 6". Anyone help?

Also does anyone know what the twin bedrooms are like?
    it might be in a code so if it says a letter in the code then its that, also they may have emailed it to you

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.