Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to do the full biology in one year. I've just finished year twelve and am going into year 13, and about halfway through AS I changed my mind on what course I want to do in uni - which requires Biology. I've asked my college if I could stay on a year and do the a level in two years but apparently in order to get funding for the year I'd only be doing biology I'd have to pick up another subject as well which seems like a waste of time to me. I'd definitely be willing to work twice as hard to do it, but thought I'd see if anyone has any experience doing a full a level in one year before?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Don't. A lot of content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dillymyra)
    Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to do the full biology in one year. I've just finished year twelve and am going into year 13, and about halfway through AS I changed my mind on what course I want to do in uni - which requires Biology. I've asked my college if I could stay on a year and do the a level in two years but apparently in order to get funding for the year I'd only be doing biology I'd have to pick up another subject as well which seems like a waste of time to me. I'd definitely be willing to work twice as hard to do it, but thought I'd see if anyone has any experience doing a full a level in one year before?
    I'm in the same situation and I've been advised against it, My course however doesn't require biology at every University so it's not essential for me to get the full A level. Instead I am just taking an AS in Biology and will use that to back up my personal statement and demonstrate initiative

ReputationRep:
    No don't do it to yourself

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's possible because the A-levels re now reformed so you don't have to do AS exams to gain an A-level you can just do the A-level exams a.k.a the A2 exams. What exam board?

A level biology requires a lot of content. You'll probably have to spend hours on it. Probably around 2- 3 hours a day I say. But this can vary depending on your confidence in particular modules. If you think you can do it, then it's fine.

Are you doing the new spec? Then you can try it, as you no longer need AS grades to progress into A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dj3824)
    Yes it's possible because the A-levels re now reformed so you don't have to do AS exams to gain an A-level you can just do the A-level exams a.k.a the A2 exams. What exam board?
    You still need to learn the content so it makes no difference.

(Original post by A-LJLB)
    It is beneficial for not being able to spend your time resitting modules from AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oni176)
    It is beneficial for not being able to spend your time resitting modules from AS.
    Fair enough, but she was referring to the difficulty, so again it has no bearing on her decision

ReputationRep:
    It would be very difficult to do, though not impossible. Consider your other commitments and if you are genuinely motivated enough to put in the required work - and also whether you are naturally good at absorbing information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    It would be difficult. No lie bout that lol. Just telling her it's possible if you work hard enough as anything is possible if your work hard enough.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.