Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently studying for my A-Levels and I am struggling to find law work experience, where could I find some?? Needs to be in the North East.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JasmineDodd)
    Hi, I'm currently studying for my A-Levels and I am struggling to find law work experience, where could I find some?? Needs to be in the North East.
    I emailed over 50 law firms and 1 of them gave me experiemce
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you're a student that qualifies as being from a disadvantaged background, you might want to look into organisations that organise work experiences for students. The SEO organisation and SMF (Social Mobility Foundation) are two such organisations that I know of and have worked with in the past and they do great work for students.

Other than that - open a directory and start emailing/writing to law firms in your area and hope for the best. CVs and cover letters are always worth sending out - you just need the one place to respond and any experience is useful as compared to a blank CV.

But realistically, you certainly don't need any legal experience until you're at university. No prospective law student's application is strenghtened by legal work experience since legal practice has absolutely nothing to do with a Law degree and legal academia. So don't worry about it at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arrowhead)
    If you're a student that qualifies as being from a disadvantaged background, you might want to look into organisations that organise work experiences for students. The SEO organisation and SMF (Social Mobility Foundation) are two such organisations that I know of and have worked with in the past and they do great work for students.

Other than that - open a directory and start emailing/writing to law firms in your area and hope for the best. CVs and cover letters are always worth sending out - you just need the one place to respond and any experience is useful as compared to a blank CV.

But realistically, you certainly don't need any legal experience until you're at university. No prospective law student's application is strenghtened by legal work experience since legal practice has absolutely nothing to do with a Law degree and legal academia. So don't worry about it at all.
    Thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JasmineDodd)
    Thank you so much!!
    Thanks for my thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asos98)
    Thanks for my thank you
    Oh i'm sorry, i didn't your reply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.