XTim96's GCSE Journeyy

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Inspired by many other threads like this, I have decided to make my own in order to achieve my educational goals

At the moment im 15, having finished year 10 I will be going into year 11 on the 5th of September I attend a public school and although my grades at the monent are quite good I would like to better myself.I will be sitting the new spec maths and english, and good maths grades are vital as this is what my future careers/ studies will focus on

I would like in the future to have the possibility of attending Oxford or Cambridge University, or even just a RG.

At A-Level I would like to take Maths, Further Maths and Economics, however this could change

This is what I got in my latest mocks ( next to it are my targets underlined , which were basically all A's but I know I can do better)

English Literature and Language (AQA): A 8/9

Maths (Edexcel) B 7/8/9

History ( AQA) C A - Ahhh I need to improve dearly in history however for my coursework I expect an A/A*

French ( AQA) A A - However I am not a modern speaker and need to revise vocab over the summer, my coursework is equivalent to an A ( 60% of the final grade is coursework) I regret picking French

Science ( OCR ) A A* - I know I am very good at each unit, I will see my next exam result to see indivually how well I am doing with Chemistry, Biology, Physics

Religious Studies A* A* - In all tests this year I got an A or higher , sometimes full marks

Additional info :

I may take an additional statistics exam for another GCSE, also I really need to improve my French vocab and pronounciation I may test programmes like Rosetta Stone for learning a language, I know languages arent something that can be crammed for so regular revision is key in order for me to excel in this subject.

When My NIS number comes, I will try and attain a part time job but only if I am satisfied with my school progress, furthermore I hope to start going gym regularly maybe learning a new skill such as coding or java or just another basic skill. This summer Ive already revised quite a bit of maths, such as frustums, iteration and new spec stuff and also reviewed two test and corrected where I have went wrong. Additionally I have done some science B1/B2 revision.

ReputationRep:
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTim96)
    Inspired by many other threads like this, I have decided to make my own in order to achieve my educational goals

At the moment im 15, having finished year 10 I will be going into year 11 on the 5th of September I attend a public school and although my grades at the monent are quite good I would like to better myself.I will be sitting the new spec maths and english, and good maths grades are vital as this is what my future careers/ studies will focus on

I would like in the future to have the possibility of attending Oxford or Cambridge University, or even just a RG.

At A-Level I would like to take Maths, Further Maths and Economics, however this could change

This is what I got in my latest mocks ( next to it are my targets underlined , which were basically all A's but I know I can do better)

Maths (Edexcel) B 7/8/9

History ( AQA) C A - Ahhh I need to improve dearly in history however for my coursework I expect an A/A*

French ( AQA) A A - However I am not a modern speaker and need to revise vocab over the summer, my coursework is equivalent to an A ( 60% of the final grade is coursework) I regret picking French

Science ( OCR ) A A* - I know I am very good at each unit, I will see my next exam result to see indivually how well I am doing with Chemistry, Biology, Physics

Religious Studies A* A* - In all tests this year I got an A or higher , sometimes full marks

Additional info :

I may take an additional statistics exam for another GCSE, also I really need to improve my French vocab and pronounciation I may test programmes like Rosetta Stone for learning a language, I know languages arent something that can be crammed for so regular revision is key in order for me to excel in this subject.

When My NIS number comes, I will try and attain a part time job but only if I am satisfied with my school progress, furthermore I hope to start going gym regularly maybe learning a new skill such as coding or java or just another basic skill. This summer Ive already revised quite a bit of maths, such as frustums, iteration and new spec stuff and also reviewed two test and corrected where I have went wrong. Additionally I have done some science B1/B2 revision.
    good luck, with the thread . ill be doing the new spec gcse for all my subjects (im in year 10 in september) how did u find the new spec maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forre)
    good luck, with the thread . ill be doing the new spec gcse for all my subjects (im in year 10 in september) how did u find the new spec maths?
    The new spec maths in my opinion is not as hard as I would of thought but requires more logic and such, however I am yet to explore all the topics

ReputationRep:
    First Update
    Only light revision so far and it will progress

I went over a bit of unit 4 Religious Studies, answering some questions
    Regarding capital punishment
    Crime and christian views and causes

ReputationRep:

Maths (Edexcel) B 7/8/9

Additional info :

Good luck! What course are you planning to take at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Good luck! What course are you planning to take at uni?
    Hmmm, maybe economics not to sure at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, maybe economics not to sure at the moment
    Cool! I was thinking of doing Economics for AS, but I'm unsure. Maths at A-level can get you into a decent amount of degrees, so you have a large range. Just make sure you're taking a degree you're willing to carry on for the full 3/4 years.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I'm hoping to be taking Maths, Chemistry and Physics at A-Level to study Medicine/Dentistry at University!

ReputationRep:
    Update :
    I completed a full maths paper calculator, corrected and attained 75/100 with green pen Ive wrote up a list of things needed improvement from this exam
    Including trigonometry
    Histograms(Harder)
    Degrees of accuracy

Ive went over trigonometry, and a bit of degrees of accuracy and bounds

ReputationRep:
    Update
    Ive watched the maths paper being completed also revised some history in regards to the roaring 20s, ive covered histograms and also read over summarys on Jekyll and Hyde.
    In regards to R.E
    Ive read over my marks gospel, and the following stories
    The man with the paralyzed Hand
    The story of the mustard seed
    The parable of the sowing and its meaning
    Jesus sends out the 12 disciples
    Also revised a bit of French through duolingo, pretty new to the app but it seems great.

ReputationRep:
    Update for Yesterday:

Used memrise and duolingo, to go over some new french vocab
    Also in maths watched the video on direct and inverse proportion, and answered questions
    Completed a edexcel maths paper 2 (Calc) and ahcieved an impressive 77/100 I need to improve my knowledge of circle therorem and facts, however also harder simultaneuous equations and practice them

Alongside this Ive began to watch videos in regards to The strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Hyde , more specifically looking at the author and things which may have influenced the books content

ReputationRep:
    Again Memrise and Duolingo have been used to revise french , itll become a daily thng for me I hope.

ReputationRep:
    Update:
    Today I have went over simultaneuous equations 1/2
    Cosine/Sine Rule
    And trigonometry
    I have a test upcoming and looking forward to it
    I've also revised a bit of french and soon will start reading history, french, and science dail for 30 minutes

ReputationRep:
    So I've realised ive not been putting enough effort into this although doing the work.
    From now ill be updating daily so lets just call this
    Day 1
    French
    I've been looking at vocab for shopping for clothes and food, and have actually been quite sucesfful in memorising alot of the words alongside that I have been given the task of perefecting future tense which has been quite progressive.
    Science
    A bit of work has been done on balancing chemical equations, but still need a bit of help if anyone has any good advice in regards to this I'd be more than grateful
    English
    Completion of the remainder of my speech will be done, seems decent so far.

ReputationRep:
    Day 2
    Maths
    Went over surds in detail, also looked at functions, composite functions and harder questions
    French I have revised vocab for module 4

English Speech writing

ReputationRep:
    Day 3/4

Maths
    Started to look at some more new spec questions, more specifically proof of circle theorems, and the way to structure the answer
    Science- Have looked at mutations and proteins, enzymes active site etc and also did a pratical
    R.E - Looked at Prejudice and Discrimination, and biblical evidence

ReputationRep:
    Day 5/6/7/8
    Not really going to mention school work, however will mention cousework and such
    Maths
    Looked at proof of cirlce theorems
    Found out I'll be doing the maths challenge
    Went over standard form, cosine sohcahtoa
    Functions, composite and solving
    History
    Began to read over information of First World War
    Arms Race
    Moroccan Crises
    Going to relentlessly practice 6 mark questions
    Science
    Looked at Rate of Reactions, Graphs, Reacting Masses and Atom Economy
    Need to star making note cards
    Re
    Thoroughly looked over notes for prejudice and discrimation unit, l
    ooked at parable of The Good Samritan and what we can learn from it also have a upcoming test
    French
    Have been daily learning new vocab need to look at tenses and time more in depth
    English
    Did my english language speech today, did well and have been told I've got a distinction

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna be posting every 2/3 days ,
    Day 9/10
    Re
    Did a lot of work on prejudice and discrimination unit
    Made sheets for key bible references and practiced 6 mark questions
    Re I am very confident in doing well for

Science
    Looked at meoisis and mitosis, cell divison
    Also looked at plant and animal growth and how it differs I really need to start making note cards

Had lots of extra work so not much additional tasks can be completed

ReputationRep:
    Good to see that you're working so hard!

Keep it up

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.