Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I got 93% in French, 95% in German, but if you add my Classics mark it goes down to 87.5%
    I was wondering if that was enough given my good UMS in languages and the fact that I had a clash of four exams, meaning I had to take my Classics exams back to back, and my marks clearly show that the clash affected them, which will be put on my UCAS form. I know its probably still not enough but I'd like a second opinion.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Probably, MML is one of Cambridge's least competitive courses

ReputationRep:
    yes

/thread

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies, I really wasnt sure if a B in Classics this year would have been good enough but this was super reassuring, so thanks!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ElmoActor14)
    Okay so I got 93% in French, 95% in German, but if you add my Classics mark it goes down to 87.5%
    I was wondering if that was enough given my good UMS in languages and the fact that I had a clash of four exams, meaning I had to take my Classics exams back to back, and my marks clearly show that the clash affected them, which will be put on my UCAS form. I know its probably still not enough but I'd like a second opinion.
    Thanks!
    Yes it will be competitive. And you can also mention the circumstances on Cambridge's SAQ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frenchspanish101)
    Hiya I'm interested in studying at Oxbridge (French and Spanish) but I don't want to apply if I have no chance.In my AS I got:A in French (99%) A in Spanish (83%) - only 1 of 2 As, half my class got an E or a U and the class had 22 pupils.. I plan to retake one paper to get it up to near 90% so I can get an A* next yearA in Politics (86%)B in History which is currently being remarked as I did one paper and got an A and was too ill to do the second so I got given a calculated mark which took me down to a B I also go 10A* 1A at GCSE and my predicted grades are A*A*A (A*s in languages)Do I have a chance at Oxbridge but in particular Cambridge? Any replies welcome
    Fill out an extenuating circumstances form perhaps and yes, you've got a fair shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Fill out an extenuating circumstances form perhaps and yes, you've got a fair shot.
    Cheers for that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.