Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by lou p lou)
    pretty much right- i'd be gutted if my fav ted (he's called cuddles + he's lovely...how sad do i sound?) got damaged (just think of all those alcohol fuelled nights)

lou xxx
    Its alright I still have a zippy bear that i got when i was born!!! Us girlies do get attached to things like that!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fairydust)
    I thought we could start a general list of items to take with you to uni. Im sure im going to forget something, but maybe if we make a big list, we could maybe use it as a check list.
    So.....Pots & pans
    Bedding
    TV ( and License )
    Are you going to be on or off campus? Because if you're renting a house with people there's likely to be more room etc but also you'll only need one set of pans etc between you
    -though most people normally stay in uni accomodation for the first year...

Anyway...
    You might want some posters/pictures/photoboards etc for the walls- especially as you prob wont be allowed to decorate and might have to put up with dull/nasty/skanky colours/stains/damp etc
    A blanket/rug (?)
    Perhaps 2 sets of plates/bowls etc and several cups and mugs
    Your clothes etc obviously and any gowns or formal wear you have to have
    A pinboard to well...pin stuff on (or you could get a magnetic board or a white board etc)
    Treats- a little tin for when you want a treat/snack
    Toilettries
    Toilet roll!
    Hot water bottle -essential for winter!
    Kitchen roll/towel and tea towels
    Washing up liquid and related utensils -scrubbing brushes, gloves, spongey thingimagiggies etc
    Oven gloves (?)- if you actually get an oven!
    Kettle and any other kictheny items
    All computer related accessories -eg mousemat, speakers, printer etc -might want some disks for cargoing documents etc
    Plasters and any necessary medicines
    Desk chair- if you're not provided with one
    Everything else mentioned before (maybe ?), perhaps with the exception of the bong :P

I could go on...but it would be an even longer and more boring list than the one above and I daresay you get the gist...
    Just think about the stuff you desperatly need/use on a daily basis but also consider the space and storage of your new accomodation and of course how you're going to ferry the stuff over there...(you might need to know what facilities your new house/flat/room/place has so you know what you need)

Anyway...best of luck etc

Egan

P.S If I get bored I may find myself posting more dull, but essential ofcourse, lists/suggestions...just slap me and I'll stop- eventually!

ReputationRep:
    definitely some sort of medicine for hangovers. especially for freshers week!

(Original post by loftx)
    Also what to take - strange from Pembroke's freshers guide:

Plant - to brighten up room
    Pictures of friends - to show how popular you were
    Hawaiin shirt - for bops / crew dates / sports drinks

Anyway some real stuff:

Kettle
    Calander / Dairy
    Mugs and glasses
    From the real stuff - surely a diary would be more useful than a dairy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    From the real stuff - surely a diary would be more useful than a dairy?
    Just my bad spelling but I do drink a lot of milk so a dairy might come in useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpio)
    definitely some sort of medicine for hangovers. especially for freshers week!
    Unless your T-Total

(Original post by ickle_katy)
    im not sure the exact reson..but my reasoning is that

1) you have something to look forwad to when you go home
    2) it could get stolen/destroyed.

love Katy ***

Blanket, hot water bottle, secret stash of bribery money/chocolate buiscuits. Katy, what kind of uni r u going to that you're worried your teddy will get stolen? Oxbridge institute for gifted toddlers? ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Blanket, hot water bottle, secret stash of bribery money/chocolate buiscuits. Katy, what kind of uni r u going to that you're worried your teddy will get stolen? Oxbridge institute for gifted toddlers? ;-)
    She, like a lot of people here, is going to Exeter Univerity.

(Original post by a_musical_gal)
    She, like a lot of people here, is going to Exeter Univerity.
    Cool, I have a m8 at Exeter doing film and English...

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.