The Student Room Group

My A*AA A-Level Revision Diary (A2)

Congratulations to everyone with their their AS and A Level results :h:.

I'm creating this blog to motivate myself and hopefully others, especially after my below TSR standard GCSEs and AS Levels. :biggrin:

Academics

GCSEs

My GCSE years didn't really go to plan, i was highly unmotivated and took nothing seriously until about 6 months before my actual exams, and because of my poor performance in controlled assessments, my grades are as follows.

Spoiler

AS Levels

Again just like my GCSEs my AS year didn't go to plan, due to lots and lots of health scares around December and lots more in June :s-smilie:, i ended up getting,

Spoiler

A Level

I hope A Level will go much more to plan, so i can get into my Law course at university, i hope achieve,

Spoiler

University

I really excited for university, so i can pursue my academics even further, because i want to become a criminal barrister. I intend to apply to 5 universities

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Predicted Grade

Business - NA
Economics - NA
Law - NA
Reply 2
Aspirational Grade

Business - A*
Economics - A
Law - A
Reply 3
Actual Grade

Business - NA
Economics - NA
Law - NA
Reply 4
UCAS Applications

Okay so for university i intend to study law because i want to become a criminal barrister. My applications will be to;

University of Law - BBB
LSE - A*AA
Lancaster - AAA
Westminister - ABB
Kingston - BBC

I thought i would go for quite a broad range as you never know what will happen next year. But the one I really want to go to is the university of law :biggrin:
Reply 5
Day 1 & 2

Yesterday and the day before i revised the first unit of edexcel business studies by making new notes on microsoft one note.
Reply 6
Day 3

I've been really really busy today so i haven't done any studying.

Today i went into college and paid for my aqa law01 exam to be checked, it cost me £13.10, really hoping it shows my exam was marked harshly or wrong.

I also did a very long shift at the charity shop i volunteer at because I'm now a junior manager, shame i don't get paid though :biggrin:
Original post by BR1999
I saw plenty of these today so i thought i would make mine too :biggrin:.

So first congratulations to everyone who received their results on the 18th of August, i hope you all got what you wanted. I got my AS results and was both happy and shocked, overall it was pretty random, i got,

Business Studies (Linear) - 107 A (This was totally unexpected becasue i thought i failed paper 1)

Economics (Linear) - 115 A

Law - 151/200 UMS B (Absolutely gutted about this result was expecting an A, but I'm paying for a check and then maybe a remark, if nothing improves I'll just resit unit 1)
Law01 - 67/100 UMS C
Law02 - 84/100 UMS A

Maths - 209/300 UMS C (Quite proud of this considering i missed out so many questions :biggrin:)
Core 1 - 72/100 B
Core 2 - 70/100 B
Statistics 1 - 67/100 C

Yesterday i enrolled back into upper sixth and i dropped maths and soon i will get my predicted grades. So in the revision diary I'll be saying what i do each day and some tips on how to be successful. So feel free in join along or if you want advice feel free to comment.

Good luck on your A-level journey! I hope you can get into your aspired uni! :biggrin: Strong start with an AAB, and that B can be pulled up to an A in A2 :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by _gcx
Good luck on your A-level journey! I hope you can get into your aspired uni! :biggrin: Strong start with an AAB, and that B can be pulled up to an A in A2 :smile:

Thank you so much!! I really hope so :biggrin:
I got ABB in my AS and ended up with A*A*A last week, so from my experience I would say don't think you need to spend every waking moment studying but definitely use the time you have wisely, and you should be able to get the grades you want. Good luck!
Reply 10
Original post by jordanshelley97
I got ABB in my AS and ended up with A*A*A last week, so from my experience I would say don't think you need to spend every waking moment studying but definitely use the time you have wisely, and you should be able to get the grades you want. Good luck!

Wow well done :biggrin:, i don't tend to do loads every day I'm trying to revise all my AS before A2 continues :u:
Reply 11
Day 4

Again today i haven't done much, just a bit on maintenance on my notes.

I changed the format of my business notes and found all my notes for edexcel economics A on units 1,2 and 3 and i created a little study timetable, where i have just enough time to recap and type up my notes before college starts again on the 8th.

When i feel in a studying mood, which will probably this evening then i will make a start on business studies theme 2.1 :biggrin:
I support your efforts and will be monitoring this thread eagerly.

I'm in the same year as you and I also want to study Law.

Are those unis final choices or are they subject to change?

Final question for now, how were your GCSEs?
Reply 13
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I support your efforts and will be monitoring this thread eagerly.

I'm in the same year as you and I also want to study Law.

Are those unis final choices or are they subject to change?

Final question for now, how were your GCSEs?

I'm not entirely sure about the university choices yet, those are my first thoughts but ULaw and LSE and Lancaster are definetely being applied to. Where do you plan you apply for?

And for my GCSEs i got BBBAAAAAA*A* , they're quite standard by TSR means, but I'm quite proud of them considering i was an absolute pratt during my GCSEs :biggrin:
Original post by BR1999
I'm not entirely sure about the university choices yet, those are my first thoughts but ULaw and LSE and Lancaster are definetely being applied to. Where do you plan you apply for?

And for my GCSEs i got BBBAAAAAA*A* , they're quite standard by TSR means, but I'm quite proud of them considering i was an absolute pratt during my GCSEs :biggrin:

Ah! Your GCSEs are better than mine! :biggrin: I got A*AAAABBBBCCC

For AS I got Distinction* + AAB.

Most of my university choices are still subject to change as well. Here are my initial choices:

UCL (A*AA)
Manchester (AAA)
Warwick(AAA)
Bristol (AAB)
Liverpool (ABB)

Bristol is one that I will definitely definitely be applying to.
Original post by BR1999
UCAS Applications

Okay so for university i intend to study law because i want to become a criminal barrister. My applications will be to;

University of Law - BBB
LSE - A*AA
Lancaster - AAA
Westminister - ABB
Kingston - BBC

I thought i would go for quite a broad range as you never know what will happen next year. But the one I really want to go to is the university of law :biggrin:

Hello, well done on your recent AS level grades, and your aspirations, I hope you get your LSE offer ! :biggrin: , I too will start a thread like this.

Will be watching :smile: !
Reply 16
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Ah! Your GCSEs are better than mine! :biggrin: I got A*AAAABBBBCCC

For AS I got Distinction* + AAB.

Most of my university choices are still subject to change as well. Here are my initial choices:

UCL (A*AA)
Manchester (AAA)
Warwick(AAA)
Bristol (AAB)
Liverpool (ABB)

Bristol is one that I will definitely definitely be applying to.

I've heard its a really good university :smile:, hope you get lots of offers :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by ChiefKwen
Hello, well done on your recent AS level grades, and your aspirations, I hope you get your LSE offer ! :biggrin: , I too will start a thread like this.

Will be watching :smile: !

Thank you :biggrin:, my personal statement is really good so i have a chance, and you should they actually motivate me :tongue:
Reply 18
Day 5

Still going strong, and I've still got motivation :biggrin:

Today i did quite a bit i studied 60% of business studies unit 2 by typing up all my notes from memory. And i got through the most boring topic i have ever studied, internal and external sources of finance, which is quite an achievement :u:
Reply 19
Day 6

So today i completely finished rewriting all my notes for Edexcel AS Business Studies :biggrin:
I also finished my personal statement for law too :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest