Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What were your favourite moments from 1991-1999? Do you have any particular memories, remember any great events etc...feel free to remincise on this thread

I can't really remember that far back...if i do remember something i'll get back to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I can't really remember that far back...if i do remember something i'll get back to you.
    1997 is pretty vivid for me. I turned 11 in August, 6/7 days later Princess Diana died. I remember also being obsessed with the Spice Girls and BSB...*makes me cringe just to think of it*

(Original post by waiting2smile)
    1997 is pretty vivid for me. I turned 11 in August, 6/7 days later Princess Diana died. I remember also being obsessed with the Spice Girls and BSB...*makes me cringe just to think of it*
    All my memories of the 90's are quite bad, so maybe i have a selective memory. Spice girls? Ha, my sister liked them but you'll be pleased to know that i've always hated them, i used to vandalise my sisters posters which annoyed her...ah it's all coming back to me now.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I cringe over 1997 too; I was obsessed with Hanson!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfairy)
    What were your favourite moments from 1991-1999? Do you have any particular memories, remember any great events etc...feel free to remincise on this thread
    Holidays after hollidays after holidays...then 1996 grandma died then 1997 my brother was born i hated the spice girls and back street boys like hell...then it was the countdown to 2000!

ReputationRep:
    Live and Kicking. I remember the first ever one, with that weird computerised cat thing. Then it was the days of Zoe and Jamie. Then it all went pear shaped. Sigh. Ah yes, and Otis the Aardvark on CBBC. And the broom cupboard before that with Andi Peters. And Timmy Mallet. Actually my memories of the 90s are pretty much all TV based. Ah, TV. Doctor Who :eek:.

(Original post by slowjamz)
    Hehe, I cringe over 1997 too; I was obsessed with Hanson!
    Oh, dear God!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Oh, dear God!
    Hey! We were young! I didn't understand the fascination with Take That or Peter Andre. I also started secondary school in Sept 1997, climbed a roof and got my first detention and then cried so my maths teacher let me go early.

I also started secondary school in Sept 1997, climbed a roof and got my first detention and then cried so my maths teacher let me go early.
    lol! Awww bless you, i don't remember my first one, but i do remember my last, it was because of my friends stupid and pathetic plan to get out of a games lesson, grrrr - why did i trust him that it would work?!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, the 90s, the music business was controlled by Mariah Carey - the only artist to top the charts every single year of the decade!

ReputationRep:
    The days of britpop and indie that was good - Elastica, Suede, Blur and Oasis when they were but lil kids, Shed Seven.. ahh, good music. Otherwise, the 90's bring back the purple gingham dresses of my primary school, "live and kicking" (Andy Peters, Emma Forbes and Phil Scofield :O), Boyzone, Spice Girls and Take That, Garfield and Friends, reading non-stop, being a total lil school geek then starting high school and being scared, and my first time abroad to France in summer 1999. I seem to remember a lot of dodgy kids TV, and the Conservatives - and the labour win in 97, also. That's the 90s for me.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.