The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exceptional
Ah okay! I'm still in first year, second semester though. The atmosphere at Raleigh is pretty good, but I stay in Nottingham Two. It's quieter but the rooms are a bit larger.

Industrial Economics is taught in the Business School (used to be an autonomous department but then merged with the B-School).

Oh Awesome, Nottingham Two is pretty much on the opposite side of the road right? Is there much mixing between Nottingham 2 and Raleigh Park?

Where do you plan to stay in second year?

That makes sense! I'm pretty set on coming back to Nottingham I'll probably see you around and maybe hang out :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Name: Victoria
Course: Mathematics
GCSEs: 1A^, 4A*'s 5A's, 2B's
AS: aabc
A2 subjects: Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics
A2 (achieved): A*BB. Predicted AA in the ones I'm resitting
ECs: Mentoring younger students in Mathematics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aidan.reed
Oh Awesome, Nottingham Two is pretty much on the opposite side of the road right? Is there much mixing between Nottingham 2 and Raleigh Park?

Where do you plan to stay in second year?

That makes sense! I'm pretty set on coming back to Nottingham I'll probably see you around and maybe hang out :smile:

Yes, literally across the street. There isn't much mixing between Nottingham Two and Raleigh, no, despite being owned by the same company. I think it's because Nottingham Two is dominated by international students from the Asia campuses on exchange. I've only met two English people since living here.

Raleigh does have some sort of social gathering with SPC though, I'm not exactly sure what's involved.

I'm going on an exchange to Singapore in semester 1 of second year, so I'm not sure what I'm doing with accommodation when home for second semester yet!

Hanging out sounds great :smile:. Are you considering other places alongside Notts this year?
Yes, literally across the street. There isn't much mixing between Nottingham Two and Raleigh, no, despite being owned by the same company. I think it's because Nottingham Two is dominated by international students from the Asia campuses on exchange. I've only met two English people since living here.

Raleigh does have some sort of social gathering with SPC though, I'm not exactly sure what's involved.

I'm going on an exchange to Singapore in semester 1 of second year, so I'm not sure what I'm doing with accommodation when home for second semester yet!

Hanging out sounds great :smile:. Are you considering other places alongside Notts this year?

What made you choose Nottingham Two? Oh right that sounds great! I believe the self-catered places do offer rooms even if its halfway through the academic year!

Which university will you be going to, I imagine national University of Singapore right? I’m actually considering a semester/year abroad myself!

I am considering other places. I have offers from Notts, Lancaster, Newcastle, Kings College London and Surrey. I've ruled surrey and kings out already and I'm not a huge fan of Newcastle either. I'm kind of stuck between Notts and Lancaster. I have an applicant day for Lancaster in the next 3 weeks (also came to notts last week) which will hopefully help me out. At the moment Notts is still edging it my only fear was the accommodation situation as my course is on Jubilee but I think I'm nearly there
Original post by Aidan.reed
What made you choose Nottingham Two? Oh right that sounds great! I believe the self-catered places do offer rooms even if its halfway through the academic year!

Which university will you be going to, I imagine national University of Singapore right? I’m actually considering a semester/year abroad myself!

I am considering other places. I have offers from Notts, Lancaster, Newcastle, Kings College London and Surrey. I've ruled surrey and kings out already and I'm not a huge fan of Newcastle either. I'm kind of stuck between Notts and Lancaster. I have an applicant day for Lancaster in the next 3 weeks (also came to notts last week) which will hopefully help me out. At the moment Notts is still edging it my only fear was the accommodation situation as my course is on Jubilee but I think I'm nearly there

Nottingham Two has a gym and nicer rooms - I also didn't want to be woken up by drunk students and this place is really quiet. Plus, it was the same price as Raleigh if you booked early. Although, there isn't a tremendous amount of difference between the quality of things at Nottingham Two and Raleigh/SPC, so it's splitting hair really.

Yes, I'll probably end up living in some self-catered flat when I return in second year.

I'll be at the National Uni of Singapore, yes! I believe the the Comp Sci dept. and Business School have almost the same partners and it's a good process when applying. I'd offer more insight, but I haven't gone yet. But, definitely plenty of good opportunities.

Ah, hope the decision between Notts and Lancaster is clarified in the next few weeks, but I'm sure you'll make the right choice regardless. :smile:
Name: Emil
Course: Finance, Accounting, Management
Ylioppilastutkinto: LEMCC
Course: Architecture and Environmental Design
A2 subjects: Math, Chemistry, Physics, Photography
Anyone applied for Finance, Accounting and Management?

It's been about 3 months, nothing has happened thus far!
Name:Fat Geg
Course: Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year
GCSEs:CCUUUEEEBBBC
AS:u:UUU
A2 subjects:General studies, Critical Thinking, PE (Theory, not practical)
A2 (predictions or achieved):A*A*A
ECs: I hit the gym like 24/7 I'm pretty phat tbh
Original post by meteoreos

Me :smile:got an unconditional offer and Ive firmed it etc. So guess we'll just have to wait now.
Original post by MärkäMela
Me :smile:got an unconditional offer and Ive firmed it etc. So guess we'll just have to wait now.

Congrats on your offer. When did you receive it?
Original post by Fat Geg
Name:Fat Geg
Course: Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year
GCSEs:CCUUUEEEBBBC
AS:u:UUU
A2 subjects:General studies, Critical Thinking, PE (Theory, not practical)
A2 (predictions or achieved):A*A*A
ECs: I hit the gym like 24/7 I'm pretty phat tbh

How are you predicted A*A*A?!
Congrats on your offer. When did you receive it?

Thanks! Got it last month, Ive had my results for 2 years (obligatory arms service etc.) now so guess it made the process a bit faster.
You?

what were your AS grades?
Original post by citibankrec
what were your AS grades?

I'm transferring from my current university to Nottingham. So I'll be using my first year grade from my university.
I'm transferring from my current university to Nottingham. So I'll be using my first year grade from my university.

Out of curiosity, what made you decide to transfer?
Out of curiosity, what made you decide to transfer?

In a nutshell, financial and personal reasons.

I'm at Kent at the moment, studying A&F, the course is great but I don't like it here and it's had a huge impact on my mental health.

Notts are considering my application on mitigating circumstances. I live in the Midlands too, so Nottingham is fairly close to home.
Does anyone from Nottingham holds offers at Nottingham University?
Reply 238
This may sound odd, but does anyone know if you could go to the Asian campuses in the summers and stuff?
Original post by Glib
This may sound odd, but does anyone know if you could go to the Asian campuses in the summers and stuff?

To independently visit? Sure. There are summer schools too if you want to study for fun. There's also the 'Tri Campus Games' if you're into sport, where you play against teams at the other campuses.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending