Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm revamping the universities part of my site to provide a lot more information about different universities - there is an example here for essex http://www.studential.com/bio/essex.asp.

Can people take a look and tell me what information they think is missing or what other informstion about universities will be useful to know.

Also if anyones interested in writing this sort of stuff about their university please PM me. I know Expression wrote a couple of good guides and something like that would make a great starting point.

Thanks

Tom

ReputationRep:
    Ill happily write one for you about UEA, when I get back off holiday in a weeks time..
    Looks like you've got enough fields there, and there will definetly be enough info once you fill them all out (imo).

Some of it is not particularly well written though, most noticeably -

"Essex is generally well respected and often ranks well in research rankings and teaching scores, though don't have the prestige of many of the universities that dominate the top of the league tables."

Might want to change that a little bit..
    Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    I could do a review on either Reading or Nottingham for you. Just message me, or post details on how to do so!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, I'll PM you with some more details about writing the profiles.

Chris_ thanks for pointing that out - it's nice to know someone actually reads the stuff I write I'll proof read the stuff from now on...

ReputationRep:
    Loftx - you can take my little pros and cons section about UEA down if you want to put a proper review in, i'm quite happy to help write the review about it if need be.

ReputationRep:
    Impressive site.

I'm nitpicking but ... I spotted a couple of mis-spellings of "Guardian," as "Guardain," whilst skim-reading the reviews section.

Good work, nonetheless.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.