Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I start my course this September and I just wanted a bit of stress alleviating. My job requires me to work certain days, these are set in concrete and unavoidable. They are only Sunday and Monday, with the rest of the week to myself but I am worried that some of my lectures might occur on a Monday.
    Does anyone have a precedent for this ? I did phone and ask and send an email to the university but have received no response, understandable due to the time of year.
    Cannot really quit my job as it keeps me in a home with food haha.
    Does anyone know if Saturday lectures or online / long distance ones can be substituted if you cannot do certain days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rekbaklaw)
    So I start my course this September and I just wanted a bit of stress alleviating. My job requires me to work certain days, these are set in concrete and unavoidable. They are only Sunday and Monday, with the rest of the week to myself but I am worried that some of my lectures might occur on a Monday.
    Does anyone have a precedent for this ? I did phone and ask and send an email to the university but have received no response, understandable due to the time of year.
    Cannot really quit my job as it keeps me in a home with food haha.
    Does anyone know if Saturday lectures or online / long distance ones can be substituted if you cannot do certain days?
    If it's an in class, taught masters, probably not. You might not even have a lecture on Mondays. Wait till you actually get your class schedules.

ReputationRep:
    I am taking a full time Masters course in September while continuing to run my business. So essentially I will be doing two full time things at the same time. It will be hectic. So I feel you.

I emailed my lecturers and they said that set lectures (approx. 3 days a week) are compulsory. So if yours is a Monday (probably is too) you will have to rearrange your work schedule instead. Look up your lecturers' emails and contact them directly. In the eyes of the University it is your responsibility to ensure you can attend even if it means giving up work. So for the bad news

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.