Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In Llloret and Barcelona? Is it all dance/rnd and spannish stuff?:cool: and a bit of cheese?

ReputationRep:
    Loads of places in barca! Really good clubs- hip hop and rnb is big at the moment...

some places can play cheesy pop if thats what your looking for

ReputationRep:
    Theyre certainly not going to be playing **** like joy division and blondie, so dont get your hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)
    Loads of places in barca! Really good clubs- hip hop and rnb is big at the moment...

some places can play cheesy pop if thats what your looking for
    #

:mad:

Is there any bars that either play Cliff Richard or Mozzart then?:mad:

What about house/light trance thats about the only none indie/pop I like.

I hate rnb and hip hop you see.

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of places...best bet is to call up the tourist information board and they can give you a list of everything thats on.

You've just missed the Festa de la Música,, a varied music festival in the streets, so have a look at www.bcn.es the city website I think it can come up in english.

Classical try the auditori Orquesta Simfònica de Barcelona, wandering round is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    In Llloret and Barcelona? Is it all dance/rnd and spannish stuff?:cool: and a bit of cheese?
    Well, what you hear in touristic places, is not at all the kind of music Spanish people enjoy listening to. Personally, I find their musical tastes shite but then again, I'm not Spanish so I shouldn't be too harsh. They have a very narrow vision of what American and British music is so you'll get a lot of cheesy crap.

I noticed that a lot of them like Latin American music and Salsa bars. I've always avoided those kinds of places (despite the fact I've already taken quite a few Salsa lessons) because if you're not a big Latin Lover from South America who's danced merengue and salsa all his life, you look like a prat and I don't consider these places much fun to be honest.

You'll find quite a few house/techno/r n'b clubs but they don't have the kinds of clubs you might find in Manchester, Sheffield or London.

ReputationRep:
    heavy metal and prog rock :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    me too - it sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    lil' kim's hot though. Despite the fact she's a huge slut. Is that her on the cover of that album with a chick on a bear rug?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    me too - it sucks
    :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    lil' kim's hot though. Despite the fact she's a huge slut. Is that her on the cover of that album with a chick on a bear rug?
    HARDCORE is the title and yep its lil' Kim

ReputationRep:
    HARDCORE is the title and yep its lil' Kim
    how did she become so slutty-looking?
    She looked really hot on this cover:

ReputationRep:
    Well, what you hear in touristic places, is not at all the kind of music Spanish people enjoy listening to. Personally, I find their musical tastes shite but then again, I'm not Spanish so I shouldn't be too harsh. They have a very narrow vision of what American and British music is so you'll get a lot of cheesy crap.

:eek: :eek: lol do you tend to hang out with the grandpas?!- Most of the spanish youth enjoy the music that the rest of europe does as well....

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: lol do you tend to hang out with the grandpas?!- Most of the spanish youth enjoy the music that the rest of europe does as well....
    the grampas - some sort of urban act or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    how did she become so slutty-looking?
    She looked really hot on this cover:
    Thats what shes about really. Have you not heard her albums? Shes like Foxy Brown but Kim's more rude.

Hehe, just letting the guys know what she likes

ReputationRep:
    that is not true at all. That's how music is commercialized. Same for American music: believe me Europeans do not listen to the American music young Americans listen to. We get a commercial selection of what they listen to. Anything that's too American, too lyrics-based, isn't commercialized.

ReputationRep:
    Could be, two stepping and shuffling with the walking sticks- just got a picture of them "dancing" in the rambas...lol

ReputationRep:
    I thought that they basically played English music.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.