Maths Help? Plz

Watch this thread
Yeahwhat
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,
I got A* and A in GCSE maths and GCSE further maths. In AS I got two Cs for C1 and C2. I have never gotten so low in c1 and c2. I always get A or B lowest in past papers. How do people revise for Maths? I don't get what people mean by understanding the theory before doing it, can you give me an example. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REVISE. PLSSSSSSSS.
I want to get A* in A2 for Maths. PLEASE
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boss987)
Hello,
I got A* and A in GCSE maths and GCSE further maths. In AS I got two Cs for C1 and C2. I have never gotten so low in c1 and c2. I always get A or B lowest in past papers. How do people revise for Maths? I don't get what people mean by understanding the theory before doing it, can you give me an example. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REVISE. PLSSSSSSSS.
I want to get A* in A2 for Maths. PLEASE
You sound like some kid who wants a lollipop but doesn't understand how to get it so you beg your parents for it.

Do you know where differentiation comes from? What does it mean? Why does the binomial theorem work? What are the limitations for the methods you learn? Why does integration find the area under the curve? What does the discriminant tell you, why so?

These types of questions will make you understand the theory. As to how to revise, do past papers.You won't be getting an A* in maths if you don't retake C1 and C2 to get a at least A's or high B's purely because of these grades; not to mention you need to accumulate 180UMS over C3 and C4 for an A* in Maths and that doesn't seem likely with grades like that in C1 and C2.
Yeahwhat
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by RDKGames)
You sound like some kid who wants a lollipop but doesn't understand how to get it so you beg your parents for it.

Do you know where differentiation comes from? What does it mean? Why does the binomial theorem work? What are the limitations for the methods you learn? Why does integration find the area under the curve? What does the discriminant tell you, why so?

These types of questions will make you understand the theory. As to how to revise, do past papers.You won't be getting an A* in maths if you don't retake C1 and C2 to get a at least A's or high B's purely because of these grades; not to mention you need to accumulate 180UMS over C3 and C4 for an A* in Maths and that doesn't seem likely with grades like that in C1 and C2.
Thank You Very Much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads