Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there a separate forum for either of these? Im "mature" (ugh, hate that, makes me sound ancient) and starting a Food Science MSc. Trying to find my way round all the info and what is relevant to me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    On TSR? There's a mature student forum yes but a general rather than uni specific one. There may be a society at the uni which you can join when you get there. You can always email the uni and ask if you're unsure about whether something applies to you or not but there isn't much that won't.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Faye#1)
    Is there a separate forum for either of these? Im "mature" (ugh, hate that, makes me sound ancient) and starting a Food Science MSc. Trying to find my way round all the info and what is relevant to me.
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    On TSR? There's a mature student forum yes but a general rather than uni specific one. There may be a society at the uni which you can join when you get there. You can always email the uni and ask if you're unsure about whether something applies to you or not but there isn't much that won't.
    alleycat touched upon the TSR side.

Our Student Union does employ a Part Time Mature Student's Officer, responsible for arranging socials and events specially for mature students (There is a society called R U Mature) which you can join and the official Facebook group for that society is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/436671573070081/

Hope this helps and look forward to welcoming you to Reading

Mark
    2nd Year Accounting and Management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReading)
    alleycat touched upon the TSR side.

Our Student Union does employ a Part Time Mature Student's Officer, responsible for arranging socials and events specially for mature students (There is a society called R U Mature) which you can join and the official Facebook group for that society is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/436671573070081/

Hope this helps and look forward to welcoming you to Reading

Mark
    Thanks very much! Cant wait to get started
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks very much! Cant wait to get started
    No problem I'm a mature student as well and there is a strong community at all levels at Reading so you'll certainly be welcomed

Mark

ReputationRep:
    Going as Phd student, and my timetable is still empty : is that normal? "Apparently", Freshers (undergrads only?) should be seeing their moduls, and stuff like their school/department welcome details on Monday 19th?

Anyone else with more clues if there's any further welcome stuff specific for postgrads in September?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting a Food Science BSc, I'm a 'mature' student too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.