Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELPP PLEASE how can i fix my orange hair?! watch

ReputationRep:
    hi I am new to this forum and hope someone can help, I have tried everything to get this orange brassy colour out of my hair, Iv bleached it and tried ash blonde hair dyes , also wella t18 toner with 30 developer. And I have today tried to tone with food colouring and purple shampoo. And its still there?! please anyone got any ideas or do I need to bleach again?.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sophiekay)
    hi I am new to this forum and hope someone can help, I have tried everything to get this orange brassy colour out of my hair, Iv bleached it and tried ash blonde hair dyes , also wella t18 toner with 30 developer. And I have today tried to tone with food colouring and purple shampoo. And its still there?! please anyone got any ideas or do I need to bleach again?.
    Instead of bleaching it again just dye your hair again, bleaching is just going to make it weaker and dry it out.

ReputationRep:
    You could try using Toner as a quick fix. It turns the colours a more dull shade and makes the orange turn slightly more blonde. Then redye it in a few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Instead of bleaching it again just dye your hair again, bleaching is just going to make it weaker and dry it out.
    so would a dark ash blonde cover it though? or just dark blonde? I don't want to dye it and it doesn't do anything again
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    so would a dark ash blonde cover it though? or just dark blonde? I don't want to dye it and it doesn't do anything again
    i would go dark as it may cover the orange but i'm not too sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelpusPleasus)
    You could try using Toner as a quick fix. It turns the colours a more dull shade and makes the orange turn slightly more blonde. Then redye it in a few days.

I actually toned it this morning and it just made it even more ginger/orange

ReputationRep:
    You're not going to get rid of that without a lot more bleach. I wouldn't advise that, your hair looks dry as it is. Dye it to your natural colour again.

ReputationRep:
    I actually toned it this morning and it just made it even more ginger/orange
    Oh, probably due to your natural hair colour? I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelpusPleasus)
    Oh, probably due to your natural hair colour? I don't know.
    I think Its maybe cos I did have red in my hair a while ago:/ To cover the orange/ginger do you think a light brown will do it best? or dark blonde. I want to stop dying it now :/ getting so fed up with it lol.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.