Sociology or Geography AS/A2 for medicine?

Watch
monkeyboy18000
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I now have a few weeks left to finalise my A-level options. So far I have decided that I will be going for:
Biology A2
Chemistry A2
Maths A2

However, for my fourth subject, I am stuck between either Geography or Sociology. I did Geography GCSE a year early and achieved an A* but I heard that the A-Level is very tough. I also heard that sociology is a straightforward subject but less respected.

As I want to study medicine, what subject is a better choice?
MMR16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I suggest you do physics for your fourth A Level but if that is too hard for you I think you should do Psychology instead of sociology as its more science related than sociology is.
monkeyboy18000
Rep:
?
(Original post by MMR16)
I suggest you do physics for your fourth A Level but if that is too hard for you I think you should do Psychology instead of sociology as its more science related than sociology is.
I initially wanted to choose psychology for my fourth subject however my sixth form doesn't offer it as a subject for a level :mad:
MMR16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by monkeyboy18000)
I initially wanted to choose psychology for my fourth subject however my sixth form doesn't offer it as a subject for a level :mad:
Oh that's ashame!!! If it helps i am currently studying A Level Sociology and it is pretty straightforward and you can achieve a good grade in it if you put in the effort however there is a lot of essay writing so if that isn't for you i suggest you don't take the subject.
Sacred Ground
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Geography- it's a more respected A level but it's very tough at A2. AS is very straightforward to get high UMS but A2 is ridiculously difficult because of the essay structure and the unit 4B paper is an absolute nightmare
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think Geography would be better as it's a well respected, facilitating subject
jayokay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
geography
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Both sociology and geography require similar academic skills. In this regard I'd urge you to take the subject that you find most interesting and feel that you can do well at.
monkeyboy18000
Rep:
?
Geography it is then!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
27.06%
England (102)
33.66%
Belgium (26)
8.58%
Germany (37)
12.21%
Spain (5)
1.65%