Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Easiest iGCSE Subject to do in a year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've already done 1 year of my iGCSESs and I'm doing well in all of my subjects except for one: Photography. i took it thinking it would be an easy a* but its actually the subject I'm struggling with most, its the only subject i have a C in at the end of year 10 all the others are As and A*s. I was thinking if i could drop it and possibly cover another subject before the mocks in November? I was wondering which subject had the least workload for year 10. I thought maybe geography because i was pretty good at it in year 9. My school does AQA Geography. Or is ICT and easy option? Or any other subjects . SUbjects i currently take are: English lit and lang, Maths (I've already given my maths iGCSE a year early so I'm currently doing FSMQ), 3 sciences, Economics, Design and Technology. Please could i have some advice? I just cant deal with photography anymore. Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I don't think any subject is easy and you're going to have to work hard at it no matter what. Maybe talk to your teachers and see what they have to say. They may be able to help identify why you're finding photography so difficult and help you through it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths1409)
    I've already done 1 year of my iGCSESs and I'm doing well in all of my subjects except for one: Photography. i took it thinking it would be an easy a* but its actually the subject I'm struggling with most, its the only subject i have a C in at the end of year 10 all the others are As and A*s. I was thinking if i could drop it and possibly cover another subject before the mocks in November? I was wondering which subject had the least workload for year 10. I thought maybe geography because i was pretty good at it in year 9. My school does AQA Geography. Or is ICT and easy option? Or any other subjects . SUbjects i currently take are: English lit and lang, Maths (I've already given my maths iGCSE a year early so I'm currently doing FSMQ), 3 sciences, Economics, Design and Technology. Please could i have some advice? I just cant deal with photography anymore. Thank you!
    I was going to say IGCSE English Language but since you're already doing it there's no point. Geography looks like a really good subject. When I was choosing my subject I was stuck between geog and history because I liked them both and eventually I did History and came out with an A (few marks away from A* though ), I also too ICT (OCR Cambridge Nationals Level 1/2 passed with Merit at Level 2!). The board that I did was mostly coursework and exam (60% coursework and 40% exam). I did my exam in yr 10 and got Distinction at Level 2 and I had 2 units of coursework (R001 and another unit). I would say if you like doing coursework then you can take ICT over Geography but it might vary between exam boards. But I think Geography also has coursework. It really depends which one you are fine with doing. Have a look online for specs for Geography for the exam board your school does. If you have any questions on ICT just pm me

ReputationRep:
    WARNING

geography is not as good as it sounds. Believe me. Our school had to move from AQA due to the ridiculous amount of case studies. If you want something EASIER then go for business studies. Goes along with economics and you could teach it to yourself if you wanted... Nothing demanding. I chose geography and am aiming for an A* but given the time frame that you have.. Don't do it. Definitely business studies would be a good option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths1409)
    I've heard that ICT is easier than most subjects to complete in a short span of time. It may be smart to just stick with it, I got a C in art last year but my final result was an A this year with just a bit of effort put in. Good luck!! xx

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.