Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you go on a date with a guy that you have no interest in? Watch

We are not friends but we knew each other from afar. I asked her for a date and she agreed to go on the date when we return to school.

Before asking her for a date, I always felt that she had no interest in me, but I went ahead to ask her because, I felt I had nothing to lose if she said "no" and all to gain if she said "yes".

She never initiates contact. And many times, she has replied to my texts after 1 to 2 days (but her replies are sometimes lengthy). She does not try to keep the text convo going. In the past, she told me that she is a lazy texter, so I don't know if this is the reason. But I've always thought that if a girl likes a guy, she would be keen to reply. My brain tells me she's not interested but my mind tells me not to give up on her yet.

She didn't reply to the last text that I sent her about 4 days ago. I've decided not to text her again because I need to respect myself.

So, girls, would you say yes to a date when you are not interested?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    No. Done it before and it was so dull.

ReputationRep:
    If I don't have any interest in a guy why would I want to go on a date with him? :/

ReputationRep:
    No I would not because then he'd just feel entitled for more and if you say no to another one after that they'd likely call you a '*****' for 'leading him on'.

I'm a lazy texter too though, even with people I'm close to, so it could be the same with her. The better question you should be asking is why are you waiting until you get back to school and not doing it sooner (if distance isn't an issue).

ReputationRep:
    free food init
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No i mean thats just mean leading the other person on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nope. Waste of his time, waste of my time

I'm also a lazy texter. I see a text and think 'I'll reply later' and then forget for days on end.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on age too. I probably would have done years ago because I wouldn't want to be impolite or I wouldn't have known how to say no. I wouldn't do it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We are not friends but we knew each other from afar. I asked her for a date and she agreed to go on the date when we return to school.

Before asking her for a date, I always felt that she had no interest in me, but I went ahead to ask her because, I felt I had nothing to lose if she said "no" and all to gain if she said "yes".

She never initiates contact. And many times, she has replied to my texts after 1 to 2 days (but her replies are sometimes lengthy). She does not try to keep the text convo going. In the past, she told me that she is a lazy texter, so I don't know if this is the reason. But I've always thought that if a girl likes a guy, she would be keen to reply. My brain tells me she's not interested but my mind tells me not to give up on her yet.

She didn't reply to the last text that I sent her about 4 days ago. I've decided not to text her again because I need to respect myself.

plenty of girls will say yes to a date, and then later change their mind ..and the behavior that you are witnessing is a clear sign that she has changed her mind. Had it happened to me many times over the years. Move on bud...

A girl who is actually interested in a guy would NOT act like that. Plain and simple.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No I wouldn't go on a date with someone I wasn't interested in. I would meet up with them as a friend if I liked them as a person but it wouldn't be a date and would make that clear to them so they couldn't say they have been led on.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I've done this before. I didn't like him like that at all but I can be bad with confrontation and saying no so I just went along with it and said yes then after the second date I had to be honest about how I really felt

ReputationRep:
    Some girls are too nice/shy to say no, others don't get much action/like the ego boost/are bored/appreciate a free date :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well sometimes for a person to know if they're interested in a person or not, they have to go on a date or 2 to see if they're their cuppa tea.*

It's difficult to tell if she's interested or not purely based on the way she texts, so either take the chance with a date or just leave her be.

ReputationRep:
    No and never!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.