Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i just sat my land law exam (first sit) today.

It is mandatory that we answer 3/7 questions.

I answered 2 questions fully and for the third question i did a bit, as in 2 paragraphs. My first answer was strongish- i covered all if not most of the issues with appropriate case law and statutes and principles. My second question i did the same, i would say that question was ok.

Because i did not complete question 3, does this mean i will get a fail? I've heard some people do like one question and get like 38, but I'm so worried that i may fail altogether..

what is the possibility that i may have scraped a 3rd or even a 2.2 for this exam

(please quote me or tag me when replying so that i get a notification…thank you!)

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm guessing you're at BPP? You can't have done too bad, I mean, I was given the wrong paper (level 6 instead of level 5)! XD Which questions did you answer?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    i just sat my land law exam (first sit) today.

It is mandatory that we answer 3/7 questions.

I answered 2 questions fully and for the third question i did a bit, as in 2 paragraphs. My first answer was strongish- i covered all if not most of the issues with appropriate case law and statutes and principles. My second question i did the same, i would say that question was ok.

Because i did not complete question 3, does this mean i will get a fail? I've heard some people do like one question and get like 38, but I'm so worried that i may fail altogether..

what is the possibility that i may have scraped a 3rd or even a 2.2 for this exam

(please quote me or tag me when replying so that i get a notification…thank you!)
    Just apply some logic to it, same as GCSE or A level. No different.

You are an undergaduate in a logical subject.

If you did two qyestions well and a skeleton for the 3rd then most likely you will be on for a low 2:2 Its done now. You will just have to wait and see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HizzyGhafoor)
    Hey, I'm guessing you're at BPP? You can't have done too bad, I mean, I was given the wrong paper (level 6 instead of level 5)! XD Which questions did you answer?
    Oh no im not at bpp. And I don't know I'm just so scared! I literally don't know what happened with my third question, as soon as I left my exam venue all the answers came flooding back to me. I think it was nerves which is understandable- I was having panic attacks like a week before the exam! I answered 2/3 questions, I know it's affected my grade gravely, but I hope I haven't got a fail or something:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Just apply some logic to it, same as GCSE or A level. No different.

You are an undergaduate in a logical subject.

If you did two qyestions well and a skeleton for the 3rd then most likely you will be on for a low 2:2 Its done now. You will just have to wait and see...
    I know it's done now, I literally made this thread as soon as I completed the exam, I just didn't know what to do. I wouldn't worry if I did two questions fully and a skeleton for a third.

I did two questions as full as I could, and the third one was a mess, idek what happened, I wrote pieces of the law that was relevant, touched on formalities (it made no sense) and then left, it was literally two and a half paragraphs- no more!

I posted it on tsr in hope that someone could calm me down, girl told me at uni that someone sat the same exam in May, did one complete question and got 38 (two marks of a pass/3rd- Ik a third isn't desirable but I messed up on due to my own faults ). I was hoping anyone who care similar stories lol

Thank you for replying! I guess I'll just have to wait for now

ReputationRep:
    Oh not im not at bpp. And I don't know I'm just so scared! I literally don't know what happened with my third question, as soon as I left my exam venue all the answers came flooding back to me. I think it was nerves which is understandable- I was having panic attacks like a week before the exam! I answered 2/3 questions, I know it's affected my grade gravely, but I hope I haven't got a fail or something:/
    Yikes! Usually, if you do one question really, really well, then it kind of balances out with the question which wasn't done too well (in your case, the third question).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HizzyGhafoor)
    Yikes! Usually, if you do one question really, really well, then it kind of balances out with the question which wasn't done too well (in your case, the third question).
    I know lmao!! That's why I'm dying! I can say, for the first question which was on leases, I wrote everything I could! And followed the "substance, formality and priority" structure. I'm just going to wait and see. Hope for the best lol ugh

Thank you for your help!!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I know it's done now, I literally made this thread as soon as I completed the exam, I just didn't know what to do. I wouldn't worry if I did two questions fully and a skeleton for a third.

I did two questions as full as I could, and the third one was a mess, idek what happened, I wrote pieces of the law that was relevant, touched on formalities (it made no sense) and then left, it was literally two and a half paragraphs- no more!

I posted it on tsr in hope that someone could calm me down, girl told me at uni that someone sat the same exam in May, did one complete question and got 38 (two marks of a pass/3rd- Ik a third isn't desirable but I messed up on due to my own faults ). I was hoping anyone who care similar stories lol

Thank you for replying! I guess I'll just have to wait for now
    I can only give you an honest answer. I think it doesnt help if I say you will be fine, when I dont know and I didnt sit it.

With the 3rd question theres a bit of discretion as to what they award.
    If you did well on the first two then they might decide that was the standard and they could be more sympathetic with the 3rd question even though the answer was slight. Whats the consequencwe of a fail? wouldnt they just make you resit and isnt it just pass or fail?

If you forced me to put money on it and on the basis of how you described, then i dont think you will have failed just the 3rd question will drag your mark down. You can normally exlude one or two modules, this might be the one.
    Focus on your other exams.

If you had mitigating circs then make your claim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I can only give you an honest answer. I think it doesnt help if I say you will be fine, when I dont know and I didnt sit it.

With the 3rd question theres a bit of discretion as to what they award.
    If you did well on the first two then they might decide that was the standard and they could be more sympathetic with the 3rd question even though the answer was slight. Whats the consequencwe of a fail? wouldnt they just make you resit and isnt it just pass or fail?

If you forced me to put money on it and on the basis of how you described, then i dont think you will have failed just the 3rd question will drag your mark down. You can normally exlude one or two modules, this might be the one.
    Focus on your other exams.

If you had mitigating circs then make your claim.
    I know, that would be unrealistic to say anyways lol.
    And if I fail this, I would have to re sit it next year, and it will be capped at 40.

And what do you mean exclude one or two modules? I've never heard of that

And yeah it will drag my grade down...a lot. But if I didn't do as well as I thought I did on the questions I did do, then I'm dead lol

I'm going to see if I can submit an EC form for this exam, so they can mark it leniently.

I have one exam left, that's on Friday. Had one today, that went fine!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I know, that would be unrealistic to say anyways lol.
    And if I fail this, I would have to re sit it next year, and it will be capped at 40.

And what do you mean exclude one or two modules? I've never heard of that

And yeah it will drag my grade down...a lot. But if I didn't do as well as I thought I did on the questions I did do, then I'm dead lol

I'm going to see if I can submit an EC form for this exam, so they can mark it leniently.

I have one exam left, that's on Friday. Had one today, that went fine!
    Sorry the other poster confused me when he said BCC. It was odd you were taking the exam right now , buit I guess it was just an uncapped resit or first sit that for some reason they let you take with resits.

Yes ofc it would be capped unless you had mitigating and successfully appealed.
    You need to look at the rules for degree classification and normally its say the best 6 or 7 from 8.

It really is no different from any exam where you do 2 questions ok and you run out of time. EC might make it easier, if you cna you should. Focus on Friday and then get the form after the exam. GL. Think about it after the exam if you have to think about it at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.