Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i just sat my land law exam (first sit) today. It is mandatory that we answer 3/7 questions. I answered 2 questions fully and for the third question i did a bit, as in 2 paragraphs. My first answer was strongish- i covered all if not most of the issues with appropriate case law and statutes and principles. My second question i did the same, i would say that question was ok. Because i did not complete question 3, does this mean i will get a fail? I've heard some people do like one question and get like 38, but I'm so worried that i may fail altogether.. what is the possibility that i may have scraped a 3rd or even a 2.2 for this exam (please quote me or tag me when replying so that i get a notification…thank you!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    i just sat my land law exam (first sit) today. It is mandatory that we answer 3/7 questions. I answered 2 questions fully and for the third question i did a bit, as in 2 paragraphs. My first answer was strongish- i covered all if not most of the issues with appropriate case law and statutes and principles. My second question i did the same, i would say that question was ok. Because i did not complete question 3, does this mean i will get a fail? I've heard some people do like one question and get like 38, but I'm so worried that i may fail altogether.. what is the possibility that i may have scraped a 3rd or even a 2.2 for this exam (please quote me or tag me when replying so that i get a notification…thank you!)
    It doesn't seem possible that anyone could do one question and get 38, unless the questions are not equally weighted. Probably those people did one question fully, and then gave a fragmentary answer to two more questions.

No-one can answer your question without actually seeing the answers. You would just need to hazard a guess as to what percentage mark each of your answers was worth and then add those numbers up and divide by 3. Certainly a two paragraph answer is going to get a failing mark on that question - probably around 10-15%. If your other answers were first class standard then you might have 70 / 70 / 15 for an average of 55% and a medium 2:2. The other two answers don't need to be anything special for you to pass. Even 55 / 55 / 10 averages out at 40% which I am guessing is the pass mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forum User)
    It doesn't seem possible that anyone could do one question and get 38, unless the questions are not equally weighted. Probably those people did one question fully, and then gave a fragmentary answer to two more questions.

No-one can answer your question without actually seeing the answers. You would just need to hazard a guess as to what percentage mark each of your answers was worth and then add those numbers up and divide by 3. Certainly a two paragraph answer is going to get a failing mark on that question - probably around 10-15%. If your other answers were first class standard then you might have 70 / 70 / 15 for an average of 55% and a medium 2:2. The other two answers don't need to be anything special for you to pass. Even 55 / 55 / 10 averages out at 40% which I am guessing is the pass mark.
    That's what I thought, but supposedly she did one question and left the exam 2 hours early (which other people have said she had done) so I'm quite confused and surprised at that.

And yeah I was coming to the same calculations and I can't even determine what grades the answers are that I did do, I think it's best to just leave it for now and wait for the results.

I have a strong feeling that I'm going to have to resit this, that's what I was afraid of, I just hope it isn't the case :/

Thank you for replying!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.