What the hell can I do with my subjects? Watch

TongOddyn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm now having to do History, Maths and Chemistry because my Biology grade was too low to pass into Year 13 in my school. I'm now so confused as to what degree I can do in uni? Bearing in mind I got BCD respectively in these subjects. Is optometrey or biomedical science still feasible or do I need to consider something else?
Sacred Ground
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TongOddyn)
I'm now having to do History, Maths and Chemistry because my Biology grade was too low to pass into Year 13 in my school. I'm now so confused as to what degree I can do in uni? Bearing in mind I got BCD respectively in these subjects. Is optometrey or biomedical science still feasible or do I need to consider something else?
Typically biomedical science requires both chemistry and biology - only a few universities require either or (such as Surrey and Newcastle) but these universities require AAA-AAB for biomed which will be a stretch for you to achieve. Students usually go up a grade from AS to A2 if they work hard so you're looking at ABC-ABB, use the ucas search tool or whatuni to find Uni's which will accept only chemistry for your chosen course (biomed or optometry) - good luck!
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can do chemistry with those subjects.
TongOddyn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It seems like because of the maths, if I do well in chemistry as well, I could potentially get into optometry at Anglia Ruskin. I know where I went wrong this year but I accept next years going to be challenging. Anyone got any tips?
sulaimanali
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Look at courses/jobs that require Maths and Chemistry..History can be seen as a facilitating subject so your other 2 are the main ones to find a course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads