Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted some people's opinion/advice on what Colman House on campus is like? I've been given that as my accommodation and I'm not really sure what it's going to be like?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Ignore what I said. I'm a derp. Will post again about it in a bit!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by annafgould)
    Just wanted some people's opinion/advice on what Colman House on campus is like? I've been given that as my accommodation and I'm not really sure what it's going to be like?
    Ok... Colman is nicely located on campus! All the rooms in your flat are on one floor once you enter the main door, around 8-12 per flat! Decent sized kitchen, if a little industrial, and only microwave ovens, not proper ovens! Rooms are a fairly good size considering, and always nice and warm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Ok... Colman is nicely located on campus! All the rooms in your flat are on one floor once you enter the main door, around 8-12 per flat! Decent sized kitchen, if a little industrial, and only microwave ovens, not proper ovens! Rooms are a fairly good size considering, and always nice and warm!
    Thank you! Are there hobs to cook on? Or just microwaves?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by annafgould)
    Thank you! Are there hobs to cook on? Or just microwaves?
    Yes, there are hobs to cook on as well!

ReputationRep:
    Whats nelspn court lik
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    Whats nelspn court lik
    Nelson court is very central on campus, so location wise, it's great! For your flat, you go in at ground floor, and then are two rooms on each floor going upwards! You get a little bit out the front with a stone bench kinda thing and it's really nice in the summer! The rooms are decent size and ofc ensuite which is decent!

ReputationRep:
    Hi what is victory house like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09dennis.g)
    Hi what is victory house like?
    It's pretty much the same as Nelson and Colman, en-suite rooms and communal kitchen. All en-suite accommodation is basically the same, even the Village (bathrooms are a bit smaller - similar to those in a Travelodge). Constable is slightly different as most flats are spread over 3 floors but they all have microwave ovens/toasters and hobs. The flat will need a kettle though unless it has a hot tap.

All accommodation is pretty central on campus (the campus really isn't that big), and the village is an extra 5 mins or so near the sportspark.

The longest walk you'd have as an average undergrad to get to class (unless you are a med student or doing anything near the hospital) is 10 mins, and that's only if you are a History of Art student based at the SCVA (you'll recognise the building from the Avengers film!), or at a building at the end of Chancellor's Drive (Such as the Julian Centre).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.