The Student Room Group

2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

guys could someone pls link me the kpmg consulting vacation scheme link - ive looked everywhere and can't find it. When I search, there are no consulting ones available?
Reply 81
This may seem like a random question but how hard is it to get into consulting?
I am graduating in 2017 with a predicted First in economics from a middle of the road uni (non-target but not a polytechnic).
I have spent a year in industry at a bulge bracket investment bank and also have 3 months experience abroad volunteering.
I'm not really sure what my chances are.
Original post by l.donaldson
Oh I see I've applied for a graduate role!

I haven't started researching anything yet about the assessment centre but I've had an internship this summer with the government and we did a practice assessment centre there where we practiced a group exercise so if it's anything like the one we did there you'll be given some literature to read on a topic so I was the environmental committee and another was commercial committee another was the community committee etc and you all have different
Objectives so you need
To show you can communicate well to communicate your personal objective but also meet a consensus showing team work so I imagine it'll be along the same lines where we'll each have a different project we have to brief about and we need to decide the best one as a group

how do you do an internship with the government
Reply 83
any1 applied to EY and got an interview invite?? Im still waiting for the numerical and verbal tests invitation, its been almost a week.

Also any1 know when EY might be having their first AC??
Original post by e^x
any1 applied to EY and got an interview invite?? Im still waiting for the numerical and verbal tests invitation, its been almost a week.

Also any1 know when EY might be having their first AC??

I am also awaiting the numerical and verbal invitation. I have been waiting for approximately 4 days..
Reply 85
Original post by JessicaPearson
I am also awaiting the numerical and verbal invitation. I have been waiting for approximately 4 days..

i actually dont know if i passed the strengths assessments, i thought if u failed you would get an email the next day.
Original post by gr8wizard10
how do you do an internship with the government

It was via government social research scheme they open applications in January I think for penultimate year students and you rank your preferred governmental department that you would want to work in
Original post by e^x
i actually dont know if i passed the strengths assessments, i thought if u failed you would get an email the next day.

Me neither haha, I assumed as such too.
I've just been invited to sit a McKinsey numerical and verbal reasoning. Has anybody else?
Hi!

I applied for the Deloitte summer internship as a consultant. I did this over a week ago and since then received an email asking about why i had a gap year, was then told my application would be processed shortly but then heard nothing back and it's been 5 days since then. I'm worried as people are saying it takes 3 days that perhaps there is something wrong? Should I email the same person asking when I should hear back by as I haven't even got to the test stage yet it still says "under consideration" :/
I've just been invited to sit a McKinsey numerical and verbal reasoning. Has anybody else?

Yeah, I got that today too. Planning to get it over and done with tomorrow as from Thursday I move into my uni house and we don't yet have wifi.. Good luck with yours!
Original post by Naomi12
Yeah, I got that today too. Planning to get it over and done with tomorrow as from Thursday I move into my uni house and we don't yet have wifi.. Good luck with yours!

Does that mean we passed the pre-screening? I'm going to do the verbal tomorrow and numerical on Thursday because I'm so busy at work. I wish you all the best! :h:
Does anyone know which numerical test providers Marakon and Javelin group use please????
Original post by l.donaldson
Does anyone know which numerical test providers Marakon and Javelin group use please????

javelin is customised
Does that mean we passed the pre-screening? I'm going to do the verbal tomorrow and numerical on Thursday because I'm so busy at work. I wish you all the best! :h:

I kinda figured if we'd actually passed the pre-screening they'd have mentioned it on the email, so I think it might be automatically sent out? But it would be really great if it means we have passed the first round! I tried doing the numerical practise one, and I just couldn't finish in time - how do you find the time constraints?
Original post by Naomi12
I kinda figured if we'd actually passed the pre-screening they'd have mentioned it on the email, so I think it might be automatically sent out? But it would be really great if it means we have passed the first round! I tried doing the numerical practise one, and I just couldn't finish in time - how do you find the time constraints?

True but one can hope haha. Well I've done a few numerical tests for other applications so I'm finding timing okay but it often depends on the test. I finished one numerical with 5 minutes to spare and with a harder one I was working right up to the last 10 seconds! Just try to remain calm, work quickly (but be thorough) and most importantly have confidence in yourself.
Reply 96
Any1 know what would be a good enough time to pass the EY verbal???
Hi all,

I was wondering if you guys know whether previous applications to a firm will harm my current chances? Basically - have just been rejected from Deloitte without even an invitation to online tests, despite a first class Oxford degree, internship at the department of business, a marketing internship, and various other involvements with university societies (and with the Oxford careers service being very complimentary of my cover letter/experience). My previous applications were tbh pretty rubbish and half-hearted - I mainly applied because I felt pressure from my university/social group, and was no where near as qualified in experience as I am now, and didn't really have the motivation that I now do so they were either rejected, or withdrawn by myself.

I know the scheme is super competitive but I would have thought I'd at least be given the chance to take the tests - and looking at the LinkedIn of current associates, they seem similarly (or even less) qualified than myself. I've also applied to a few others last week and haven't received a response/ test invite (not sure how long it takes and whether this is a bad sign?!)

I'm feeling really disheartened at this and worried that I won't have a chance now I've made all the applications - please advise! (and feel free to say if you think I'm over-reacting)
Original post by roflcakes1
Hi all,

I was wondering if you guys know whether previous applications to a firm will harm my current chances? Basically - have just been rejected from Deloitte without even an invitation to online tests, despite a first class Oxford degree, internship at the department of business, a marketing internship, and various other involvements with university societies (and with the Oxford careers service being very complimentary of my cover letter/experience). My previous applications were tbh pretty rubbish and half-hearted - I mainly applied because I felt pressure from my university/social group, and was no where near as qualified in experience as I am now, and didn't really have the motivation that I now do so they were either rejected, or withdrawn by myself.

I know the scheme is super competitive but I would have thought I'd at least be given the chance to take the tests - and looking at the LinkedIn of current associates, they seem similarly (or even less) qualified than myself. I've also applied to a few others last week and haven't received a response/ test invite (not sure how long it takes and whether this is a bad sign?!)

I'm feeling really disheartened at this and worried that I won't have a chance now I've made all the applications - please advise! (and feel free to say if you think I'm over-reacting)

Yeh either your motivation answers must have been really really bad or you must have made some kind of mistake on the application form (grades, eligibility etc.).
Based on what you have said those can be the only reasons as they didn't even invite you to tests and you obv have great uni/experience. Send HR an email defo

If these are graduate applications then it may be partly due to the fact that this is quite late in the recruitment process as well (but not fully sure about that).
Can anyone tell me what tests each of the major firms (BCG, Bain, etc.) use and if any don't use online tests?

Quick Reply

Latest