Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking for a job for a whole year. Prefer full time. Retail would be great, even supermarket or places like currys, homebase etc. What the best way to apply?Should I walk into the places and speak with the manager, ask if there are any opportunities available and hand them my CV? This seems like the best option imo. what do u guys suggest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatehL)
    Looking for a job for a whole year. Prefer full time. Retail would be great, even supermarket or places like currys, homebase etc. What the best way to apply?Should I walk into the places and speak with the manager, ask if there are any opportunities available and hand them my CV? This seems like the best option imo. what do u guys suggest?
    I'd probably say your best bet is to look at some Job sites (e.g. Indeed) and choose and apply to as many jobs that appeal to you. Also sometimes you can be better off looking at specific store sites for jobs. I did that and got offered two jobs at John Lewis and M&S. Also note a lot of bigger stores now show vacancies and take applications online and not in-store so for some (not all) going in won't be as productive.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.