Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

hi i really want to study medicine (2018 entry) i have just finished gcses , getting results on thursday and i am going to be studying Chemistry, biology and economics this year.

along side my gcses i took AS french and got a B overall (5 ums off an A) A in speaking B in reading.writing,listening paper
    in year 10 i took the speaking got a B and resat it to get a higher grade(A) in year 11 along with taking the reading, writing listening paper for the first time.

will universities be against this grade even though i did it early? should i continue with french to try and get an A overall maybe resit the paper i got a b in or just focus on chem bio and econ?

If you get three As in your a levels then that's all you need. The B will not count against you, but you can retake it if you want just make sure it doesn't affect your other grades.

I wouldn't worry about this grade too much. Your A-level predictions and UKCAT score are far more important in the medical school application process. x
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.