Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be living in Fferm Penglais and have realised DJ equiment is prohibited, although I want to take mine.. Does anyone know how strict they are on this and if it would get removed from me?

ReputationRep:
    It kinda depends on what you do with it, and also how much you have - if you just have a single midi controller, then this won't be a problem as long as you don't blast it out at 2:00 in the morning. If you have dual turntables and mixers and amps and subs and speakers then this might be a bit too much, and they will probably ask you about it. The general rule that people follow is hide it during inspections, and don't get noise complaints.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaron--walker)
    It kinda depends on what you do with it, and also how much you have - if you just have a single midi controller, then this won't be a problem as long as you don't blast it out at 2:00 in the morning. If you have dual turntables and mixers and amps and subs and speakers then this might be a bit too much, and they will probably ask you about it. The general rule that people follow is hide it during inspections, and don't get noise complaints.
    Thanks man! Well, i do have turntables and such, but im not taking those with me, im only taking a small midi controller, and for speakers I'm going to get one subwoofer which isnt big, but yeah I'll just make sure I dont blast out music at inapropiate times and such. Either way, I want to try do something in the SU or Aber itself, so hopefully I wont need to mix in my room. Thanks for your reply!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.