Turn on thread page Beta

Speeding watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else have any points on their license - i drove past a camera yesterday (on an empty road ) and it flashed :eek:

Tut tut, you rebel. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    0 points in 2 and a half years driving. I hope it stays that way! I can't afford the fines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Tut tut, you rebel. :eek:
    im sure i wasnt above the limit though - how can it have flashed??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people speed without realising. Or it mighthave been for something else, such as running a red light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    A lot of people speed without realising. Or it mighthave been for something else, such as running a red light.
    there were no lights though
    it seemed to flash about three times - maybe it was faulty

(Original post by Quiksilver)
    Maybe the third one was for taking LSD.

ReputationRep:
    there were no lights though
    Maybe there were a group of tourists on the lay by photographing cars...?

Meh.

If you really believe you weren't speeding, then I guess you should contest. But I doubt the success rate is all that high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Maybe the third one was for taking LSD.
    possibly - i got quite scared when the camera started talking to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    Maybe there were a group of tourists on the lay by photographing cars...?

Meh.

If you really believe you weren't speeding, then I guess you should contest. But I doubt the success rate is all that high.
    ill wait to see whether i actually get the fine first - maybe it was just a maintenance test or something
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My half nephew has lost his licence for speeding!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else have any points on their license - i drove past a camera yesterday (on an empty road ) and it flashed :eek:
    LOL that sucks....... 6 points and they take your driving licence away which i think is way too strict

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaSSS)
    LOL that sucks....... 6 points and they take your driving licence away which i think is way too strict
    yeah its way too strict :mad:
    i wont be driving at uni anyway so it wouldnt be the end of the world if i get the points

ReputationRep:
    please.

i admit i probably would speed in the countryside / on the motorway; but if youre speeding in town you dont deserve a licence.

besides, it stop all teh stupid boy racers from keeping their licences for very long. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    of course it teaches them!

speed if you like, but you KNOW its against the law so dont ****ing complain when you get caught and punished accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    please.

i admit i probably would speed in the countryside / on the motorway; but if youre speeding in town you dont deserve a licence.

besides, it stop all teh stupid boy racers from keeping their licences for very long. :rolleyes:
    im sure i wasnt speeding though, im really not sure what happened!
    ill find out for sure if i get a letter

ReputationRep:
    this is what does it though, the camera will trigger if you are like 4mph over the speed limit!

ReputationRep:
    im sure i wasnt speeding though, im really not sure what happened!
    ill find out for sure if i get a letter
    yeah yeah but if you get 6 points for speeding in your first 2 years then its good that you get your licence taken. you dont demonstrate enough intellect to be able to keep to the speed limit (or even to break it but not to get caught :rolleyes: ).

in your case, because you werent speeding, it clearly isnt fair. but for the most part, it is.

the 2 years are meant to give you experience; not so you can show off and kill yourself or some little kid who runs out in the road a few too many metres in front of your car!

ReputationRep:
    this is what does it though, the camera will trigger if you are like 4mph over the speed limit!
    i would never even risk going over about 32 in town anyway
    the camera must have been faulty :mad:

ReputationRep:
    and ? thats 4mph leeway. that is more than enough.

have you not seen the advert; just going from 30 to 35 increases your stopping distance a LOT.

imagine 70 to 75!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2004
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.