Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Speeding watch

Announcements

(Original post by kikzen)
    you silly girl

over a third means *3

BUT
    re-reading the sentence i think the way shes written it is wrong. so you are right (as much as it pains me to say it ), but i still think she means what im saying
    Haha, ok, I agree on it being *3

YES! YES! I'm RIGHT! my life has some meaning!

I agree, I think she meant to say "133% of the speed at 30mph". But i'm a pedant, dammit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    got 3, pulled over on motorway doin 86, but since then i been good..
    Seriously?

You must be the unluckiest guy on the planet. If the police pulled over everyone at 86mph, they'd have to stop the entire outside lane of an average British motorway! (Certainly the outside lane is always doing over 80 mph on the M20.)

I reckon we should go the way of Germany and forget limits altogether.

Or, even better, make 100mph the minimum speed...everyone will certainly concentrate and drive properly maintained cars then!

ReputationRep:
    The BMW lane is usually the slowest and it's quite easy to go in lane 1 or 2 on most days and be moving faster than Lane 3. This country really lacks lane discipline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    The BMW lane is usually the slowest and it's quite easy to go in lane 1 or 2 on most days and be moving faster than Lane 3. This country really lacks lane discipline.
    how can lane 1 or 2 be moving faster than lane 3 on a motorway? that's illegal..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -mb-)
    Seriously?

You must be the unluckiest guy on the planet. If the police pulled over everyone at 86mph, they'd have to stop the entire outside lane of an average British motorway! (Certainly the outside lane is always doing over 80 mph on the M20.)

I reckon we should go the way of Germany and forget limits altogether.

Or, even better, make 100mph the minimum speed...everyone will certainly concentrate and drive properly maintained cars then!
    the auto bahn rocks!!!
    shame their getting rid of them (the unlimited speed ones at least )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    how can lane 1 or 2 be moving faster than lane 3 on a motorway? that's illegal..
    Have you not been on the motorway recently; it's called keeping up with traffic

Lack of lane discipline, people just stay in Lane 3 and don't move back into Lane 1 or 2 once they have finished their over-taking. This leads to queues of BMWs and Vectras.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Have you not been on the motorway recently; it's called keeping up with traffic

Lack of lane discipline, people just stay in Lane 3 and don't move back into Lane 1 or 2 once they have finished their over-taking. This leads to queues of BMWs and Vectras.
    but you can't go past cars in the fast lane from the middle-lane, that's undertaking.

but you can't go past cars in the fast lane from the middle-lane, that's undertaking.
    only if you're driving a hearse

ReputationRep:
    I'm not speaking about the legalities of it, but if the person in Lane 3 is going 60mph and you flash etc. and they don't move. What are you supposed to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    only if you're driving a hearse
    clever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I'm not speaking about the legalities of it, but if the person in Lane 3 is going 60mph and you flash etc. and they don't move. What are you supposed to do?
    hehe, i take it you've had the experience of a 'sunday afternoon' elderly female driver let loose on the motorway..

i'm well up on motorway laws, one of my dad's friends is a traffic cop - has the stereotypical sun glasses as well :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    does anyone else have any points on their license - i drove past a camera yesterday (on an empty road ) and it flashed :eek:
    Hahaha, That's funny, though I can probably sympathise with your situation. Evil bloody cameras!!!

ReputationRep:
    Technically not until you pull back out into the third lane. If you are going at a constant speed you are not undertaking (or overtaking in the inside lane).

BTW 20years 0 points and no matter how good a driver you are if someone steps in front of you you cannot avoid them.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes they flash when you are going below the speed limit - I've even seen them flash when there isn't a car in the trap a few times. :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.