Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Some of my friends going to other unis already know who their flatmates are, so they've been talking on facebook ect. I was wondering if you can find out who you're staying with at Lancaster too?

ReputationRep:
    No sorry mate, not in my past experience at Lancaster. You can find out a bit a little bit before, but not much more than a few days. This is because you get your flat number a bit before.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I didn't even know my flat number until I was given my key to it! This may change between different colleges, though.

I think that is a failing of Lancaster's intro week, personally. I think it would be better to know some people before I arrive. On the other hand, everyone is on an equal footing and cliques can not have developed before people move in, which might be why they do t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-e.v.e-x)
    Some of my friends going to other unis already know who their flatmates are, so they've been talking on facebook ect. I was wondering if you can find out who you're staying with at Lancaster too?
    Nope. You just walk into your flat and meet everyone then. I think it's brilliant because everyone's on equal footing. I personally think that it's just so they can move people around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    I didn't even know my flat number until I was given my key to it! This may change between different colleges, though.

I think that is a failing of Lancaster's intro week, personally. I think it would be better to know some people before I arrive. On the other hand, everyone is on an equal footing and cliques can not have developed before people move in, which might be why they do t.
    You can find out from the accommodation portal about 3 days before move in. Then you can look on facebook for other flat mates :P, this was for Cartmel though and to be fair, it wasn't really worth the hassle lol.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Yellow2914)
    You can find out from the accommodation portal about 3 days before move in. Then you can look on facebook for other flat mates :P, this was for Cartmel though and to be fair, it wasn't really worth the hassle lol.
    Fair enough. This system did not exist when I was a fresher.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.